Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blunkett QUITS!

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
clapham_gull said:

That's my take on it anyway - I think the review will clear him, but he won't be missed.

Anyway - this Charles Clarke is a right stubborn bugger and one of Gordon Browns enemies.

I'm just reading a biography of Gordon Brown and this Labour lot have so many grudges against each other going so many years it's a wonder they manage to govern the country at all.

He's a quick synopsis.

Brown hates Prescott and Prescott hates Mandelson.

Mandelson used to like Brown, but supported Blair so Brown hates Mandelson so Mandelson hates Brown.

Clarke hates Brown.

Brown has hated Cook for years (since University). but now Cook likes Brown because Cook fell out with Blair.

Brown used to like Straw, but dislikes Straw because Blair likes Straw

Blunkett likes Blair but hates EVERYONE ELSE.

Blair just loves himself.

you think thats confusing

the state of the tories post mid 80s is scattered full of stuff like that. thats how they ended up with IDS, the Martin Hinshelwood equivilant of a political leader

Last edited:

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Losing a home secretary so late in the year could mean that Blair won't go for an early election in May. THAT might be very important and very good news for the Albion.

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
fatbadger said:
Leaving aside the sad misapprehension you have that the Tories have any chance of winning...

You seem sadly mistaken. You appear to be under the impression that liberals (i.e. those who believe in freedom and liberty) would like to see Tony Blair win the election. OK, so we don't want Howard to win, but I will be just as depressed that the proto-fascist Blair has won as I will be about the proto-fascist Howard winning.

Obviously, I was wrong about John Reid getting the job (thank God). But Clarke is no better - he is still a chest-beater for the security state, and a violent opponent of basic liberty. He does, at least, not follow Blunkett on the efficacy of prisons, which is a relief, but that's about it.

The really, really bad news about Clarke's promotion is the promotion of Ruth Kelly to Education.

What is a "proto-fascist" when it is at home? ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here