Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blue & White army to anfield

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Anyone over 13 years old that wears a football shirt when not playing football really does need to look at themselves.

We are Brighton, not bar code over the top unquestioning Newcastle fans.

Please don't wear football shirts when you are not playing football as you just look daft, especially if you are over weight or have glasses or are looking a bit old.

Scarf? yes if you must. Bobble hat? Only if you are female and over 65. But no football shirts for anyone over 13 years old.

Well, that's an unusual opinion.
Why don't you go and support Millwall?

Feb 14, 2010
Why would I support Millwall when I can trace Sussex ancestry going back to a globule in a Sussex pond in prehistoric times.

Adults that wear football shirts just make me cringe with embarrassment.

fozzie's paper boy

Aug 20, 2011
Hove
Anyone over 13 years old that wears a football shirt when not playing football really does need to look at themselves.

Please don't wear football shirts when you are not playing football as you just look daft, especially if you are over weight or have glasses or are looking a bit old.

Scarf? yes if you must. Bobble hat? Only if you are female and over 65. But no football shirts for anyone over 13 years old.

Do you think a seagulls tie pin or cufflinks would perhaps be a bit too much for a game at the Amex? Wouldn't want to give too much away about who I'm supporting...

Feb 14, 2010
Do you think a seagulls tie pin or cufflinks would perhaps be a bit too much for a game at the Amex? Wouldn't want to give too much away about who I'm supporting...

Tie and cufflinks are fine in my book, tho at football? Sussex CCC do a nice club colours tie that you wouldnt know is the club tie unless you know that is.

A tie also doesnt look like you have turned up with your boots in the car hoping for a game like a 10 year old going to their first game with their dad.

Ties also fit and you are not walking down the street in a shirt designed for playing sport in. Football shirt wearing really is a curse on modern society.

People used to go to work in overalls and then change into a suit. Why? Because whilst they did not have money, they always had standards and class. Where did it all go wrong?

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Tie and cufflinks are fine in my book, tho at football? Sussex CCC do a nice club colours tie that you wouldnt know is the club tie unless you know that is.

A tie also doesnt look like you have turned up with your boots in the car hoping for a game like a 10 year old going to their first game with their dad.

Ties also fit and you are not walking down the street in a shirt designed for playing sport in. Football shirt wearing really is a curse on modern society.

People used to go to work in overalls and then change into a suit. Why? Because whilst they did not have money, they always had standards and class. Where did it all go wrong?

Classic. At least you're living up to your name!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

So presumably you don't object to the huge profit margin on 10,000 xxxl football shirts going into the transfer budget.

Feb 14, 2010
So presumably you don't object to the huge profit margin on 10,000 xxxl football shirts going into the transfer budget.

Sadly you make a very good point. Can I ask that you buy your horrible ill fitting shirt but just not wear it except when playing sport?

Even then please think twice about wearing it at a gym as again it really is not a good look.

Above all, please never wear it abroad or at cricket. Maybe when you are playing cricket and have just been out when batting. But only briefly, you have to change to drink in the pavilion after the game - obviously.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean

Who are you to say what looks bad and what doesn't. I am 43, disabled and fat to go with it. So I am probably the epitome of your "looking a bit odd" But EVERY TIME I pull on the stripes, I feel an enormous sense of pride. I am proud of our club, I am proud of our fans and I will wear my Albion shirt to EVERY game I go to. I do not wear them when not at football. So if you don't want to wear colours, then don't its your choice. It does piss me off when people try and tell others what's right and what's not.

Feb 14, 2010
No offence was meant Seagull Steve. And i certainly dont think disabled people are odd looking. I do think adults wearing a football shirt needs to think again however. Sorry again and really no offence was intended, I certainly didnt think of it that way and if you enjoy it of course its not for me to tell you what to do.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Back to the intentions of the OP; yes, the away end should be awash with blue and white. I've got the Shirt, scarf I'll wear and the blue and white bar scarf to twirl and potentially lose if we win. Thinking about bringing up the Sussex County flag too.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
im probably going to get shot down in flames,hung drawn and quartered for this but im with [MENTION=15922]Working class pride[/MENTION] on this one up to a point.
there is nothing better than seeing a sea of blue and white at a big albion game,flags scarves balloons etc etc it really does bring a lump to the throat but i have never understood grown men wearing a club shirt,i have never been able to get my head round it. i havnt worn one at a match i think ever and cant think of any of the other people ive been going with over the last 30 odd years wearing one at a match either. i have worn an albion shirt when ive had a kick around in the park with my mates but at a match......no no no!

give me grief if you want but i just think its not right

Nov 10, 2011
Sadly you make a very good point. Can I ask that you buy your horrible ill fitting shirt but just not wear it except when playing sport?

Even then please think twice about wearing it at a gym as again it really is not a good look.

Above all, please never wear it abroad or at cricket. Maybe when you are playing cricket and have just been out when batting. But only briefly, you have to change to drink in the pavilion after the game - obviously.

How about you just let us wear what we want, and you can wear what you want...you know, that whole live and let live thing, instead of trying to impose your ridiculous views on people.

Nov 10, 2011
Who are you to say what looks bad and what doesn't. I am 43, disabled and fat to go with it. So I am probably the epitome of your "looking a bit odd" But EVERY TIME I pull on the stripes, I feel an enormous sense of pride. I am proud of our club, I am proud of our fans and I will wear my Albion shirt to EVERY game I go to. I do not wear them when not at football. So if you don't want to wear colours, then don't its your choice. It does piss me off when people try and tell others what's right and what's not.

This.

philmyglass

Banned
Jan 26, 2012
Hopefully we will be playing in Our traditional colours , and everyone is up for wearing shirts hats scarves taking flags balloons etc to Mark a fantastic occasion for everyone at the club , at last Brighton are back on the big stage again , let's make it a very special atmosphere :albion2:

Will need to sell the tickets first. Think the club should organise a BOGOF offer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here