Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blue,gold,white etc?

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
I spoke to Martin Perry.His attitude was that the money he has put in outweighs the money I paid for a lifetime membership.

I do not care about those who say I should have read this or that,or rejoined by then,the fact remains that I have paid for a membership for life,and this contract has been unilaterally broken by the club.

It's a total shambles,and no mistake.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I spoke to Martin Perry.His attitude was that the money he has put in outweighs the money I paid for a lifetime membership.

I do not care about those who say I should have read this or that,or rejoined by then,the fact remains that I have paid for a membership for life,and this contract has been unilaterally broken by the club.

It's a total shambles,and no mistake.

Your life or the life of the scheme?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Okey-doke. So why doesn't he go and do that rather than spouting off on here - as if NSC has all the answers? Simple, he's a not-very-bright keyboard warrior with a bigger yellow streak than roomful of Darby & Joan Club members. He daren't ask the club, because he might get a satisfactory answer.

Oi, Sir albion, email Ken Brown and ask him about it. It would be a nice way for you to welcome him to the club and all that. Can you let us know how you get on? Cheers.
I don't think you're in a position to justify who is bright or not???Does this make you a better person than me?like fu-ck it does.
You're just one of those numptys who's only life is bha fc.

If my opinion is the club takes the piss then so be it,yet remember im one of thousands who have had enough of all this shite,and yeah i have a choice to move on not that is anything to do with you tubby:whisky:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I don't think you're in a position to justify who is bright or not???Does this make you a better person than me?like fu-ck it does.
You're just one of those numptys who's only life is bha fc.

If my opinion is the club takes the piss then so be it,yet remember im one of thousands who have had enough of all this shite,and yeah i have a choice to move on not that is anything to do with you tubby:whisky:

Pete, that is a load of rubbish and you know it.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
What a well thought out, eloquent response.

Congratulations-you must be really proud.

Your signature: TIME FOR DICK TIGHT TO DO A RUNNER

THAT'S the type of support we can do without and by we, I mean The Albion. Just where do you think this club would be if DK hadn't stepped in 10 years ago? Between him, Martin Perry and some very determined support the new stadium is a real possibility. Now we have imbeciles like you suggesting he does a runner and moaning about the club trying to make some money.

Please explain, if you can, what the club is supposed to do? keep losing money week in-week out? Place an ad in the national press "Sugar daddy required for a run down, broke and currently homeless football club"?

At his stage in life I'm sure Dick Knight would happily 'do a runner' but there isn't exactly a queue forming to take over is there?

It beggars belief.

Still, we have the benefit of your wisdom-what do you suggest we do to improve the finances of the club while we're waiting for the stadium funding to be put in place? I'm sure the board will be all ears.

That was a serious question-try replying without resorting to insults-if that's possible.
What the club should do?
1,scrap these pathetic scheme's asap,how come no other club has all this shite?,we are a league 1 side not doing much.Its a blatant scam and to be told from twats like you that its life etc,well the club will just lose money from these schemes not make money.

Where would we be without dick knight?
2,well nobody knows this do they,but 10 years getting a stadium and estimated 11 million of debts and losing money isn't excactly a great way to run a football club.Yes we all have our views and im also pretty dam sure we wouldn't have folded. Ifs and buts:glare:yes a queue is not goner happen because we are deep in debt and have a shite rented stadium.

What the club should do?
3,The club should encourage fans to games not put them off and make life difficult,lower the ticket prices and fill the stadium in tern will increase turnover for various merchandise etc.

My opinion is as good as anyones and i feel the club if anything are scaring people off going with these scheme's,no other club has these scheme's so why do we????

You came straight in with insults not me remember???

If you have the same attitude as dick knight its no wonder people turn there back on the withdean,i never saw this renewal thing.Its still a massive farce end of and sums up the way things are at the moment.

The fans have saved this club year after year by paying silly prices for tickets,but also the fans don't get the rewards they deserve.If its not the 40 note fund its the ams scheme's and so on.???

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
What rewards are these precisely?
Rewards for paying well over the top for tickets,for marching and supporting the club through thick and thin.For doing 40 note fund and so on.
Isn't it about time the club started attracting more fans with reasonable ticket prices?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
What the club should do?
1,scrap these pathetic scheme's asap,how come no other club has all this shite?,we are a league 1 side not doing much.Its a blatant scam and to be told from twats like you that its life etc,well the club will just lose money from these schemes not make money.

2,well nobody knows this do they,but 10 years getting a stadium and estimated 11 million of debts and losing money isn't excactly a great way to run a football club.Yes we all have our views and im also pretty dam sure we wouldn't have folded. Ifs and buts:glare:yes a queue is not goner happen because we are deep in debt and have a shite rented stadium.

What the club should do?
3,The club should encourage fans to games not put them off and make life difficult,lower the ticket prices and fill the stadium in tern will increase turnover for various merchandise etc.

My opinion is as good as anyones and i feel the club if anything are scaring people off going with these scheme's,no other club has these scheme's so why do we????

If you have the same attitude as dick knight its no wonder people turn there back on the withdean,i never saw this renewal thing.Its still a massive farce end of and sums up the way things are at the moment.

The fans have saved this club year after year by paying silly prices for tickets,but also the fans don't get the rewards they deserve.If its not the 40 note fund its the ams scheme's and so on.???

And I thought Looney talked bollocks, If you were in debt would you ask your boss for a wage decrease?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Rubbish my arse,why do crowds drop then????

You tell me. You've boasted on here that you earn good money but choose to spend it on women and holidays. You've also boasted that you haven't been to Withdean for 5 years or more.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Rewards for paying well over the top for tickets,for marching and supporting the club through thick and thin.For doing 40 note fund and so on.
Isn't it about time the club started attracting more fans with reasonable ticket prices?

When did you go on a march? I'm not being funny but I didn't see you.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Well said Yorkie. I was just going to make that point myself.

People might think I am being funny but I do know Pete and what games he has been too.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
So reducing the admission to say £19 and getting an extra 2-3k is losing money is it????

I am not convinced that dropping the price by that much would have much effect on attendances. Maybe they need to think about doing a similar scheme to that at Bradford. I.e. Set season ticket prices at a certain level, if they sell enough of them and then they can start reducing match day prices.

If we reduce to £19, then season tickets would have to fall even further than they are now for the fans, to make it worth their while.

Slashing prices for cup games did not have much effect. It is all about being in a higher division and competing on the field. Can we do that if we have less revenue coming in?

What the club should do?

What the club should do?

No other club has a scheme like the AMS? Go and do some research and you'll find there are loads of clubs operating away member schemes or away season tickets-most do. Ask Starry-Leeds have one and this is what she posted: £10 is a bargain for a membership like that. our scheme is £30. per season. Still believe no other club operates a scheme like the AMS?

A rented stadium? Remember if it wasn't for a rented athletics stadium-there'd be no club. When DK took over we were ground sharing at Gillingham and dying-we were the football club nobody wanted-a really hot proposition for possible investors when we were there weren't we?

If you were aware of what has been going on you'd know that Withdean is the reason the club is losing money. It's really that simple. That and a protracted planning application fighting LDC which has bled millions from the football club. 10 years to get a stadium has nothing to do with DK or the board no matter how badly you want it to be. Maybe if the board had just picked a piece of land and sent the builders in we'd be in our new home by now? Forget planning procedures and Brighton's geography.

The 40 notes fund is/was a fan initiative is/was it not?

If you bothered going to Withdean-which you boast that you haven't done so for 5 years- you'd know that there is an initiative to get more fans in-have you heard of the L&G Family Stand?

Family Stand
Adult + U16: £28.00
Adult + U10: £24.50
Additional
Adult: £23.50
U16: £14.00
U10: £1

Do you know what? All of the above (and much more) is in the public domain and if you bothered to read it all you would fully understand the current situation at this football club.

I won't bother replying to any more of your posts but I eagerly await your next batch of insults. Actually don't bother-I have finally found the perfect reason to use the ignore feature.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Tell you what, why doesn't everyone with a problem go to Trading Standards. Then when you get off paying a tenner remember not to moan next time we can't afford a player and don't you dare mention 'Dick Tight'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here