Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blue,gold,white etc?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Why the hell is a club that struggles to sell tickets for various reasons have stupid stupid systems that clearly put fans off.This club really shocks me at times with these pathetic membership scheme's:rant:

Does dick and co actually understand what they are doing,im not goner rejoin as the ams was for life.These systems should be for premiership clubs not a league 1 club grrrrrrrrrr.

absolute joke or what:nono:
The ams really pissed me off,now this system is even worse ha ha,such a joke:nono:

1066gull

The scheme is to protect the fans who put the most effort and money in the club for big games agaisnt Premiership opposition for example

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
The scheme is to protect the fans who put the most effort and money in the club for big games agaisnt Premiership opposition for example
So what about people that do half the games,yet spend a bomb on the club shop?

Its complete garbage to seperate good,average and bad fans when all contribute:rolleyes:the club wants to attract new fans,but boy they do a super shite job.:nono:

1066gull

So what about people that do half the games,yet spend a bomb on the club shop?

Its complete garbage to seperate good,average and bad fans when all contribute:rolleyes:the club wants to attract new fans,but boy they do a super shite job.:nono:

i know where your coming from, i spent a few bob last season in the club shop, but its the fan who give vocal support and follow the team who deserve priority because they are giving up time and money

espeically away games, they have travel fares on top of ticket prices

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It is somewhat futile when a mate was not allowed to buy a Gillingham ticket from the club shop as AMS was not renewed yet he paid on the gate instead.

There is a need for it but sense needs to prevail - also I thought you originally joined AMS for life so why has someone not challenged the renewal part through trading standards ?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I also joined the AMS in the mistaken impression that it was for life, I have now reached the stage where I really cannot be arsed anymore, if I can't pay on the gate at an away game then I will probably find something else to do with my time...I doubt if I am alone.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
It is somewhat futile when a mate was not allowed to buy a Gillingham ticket from the club shop as AMS was not renewed yet he paid on the gate instead.

There is a need for it but sense needs to prevail - also I thought you originally joined AMS for life so why has someone not challenged the renewal part through trading standards ?

Although I agree with most of this the whole reason this new scheme has come about is people like Beach Hut moaning when he didn't get a west ham tickets......

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Although I agree with most of this the whole reason this new scheme has come about is people like Beach Hut moaning when he didn't get a west ham tickets......

Didn't he? I am sure he was at Upton Park

gjh1971

May 7, 2007
More than 400 fans paid on the door yesterday, thus rendering the membership scheme pointless. I am a Gold member , but yesterday wanted to take two friends who are not Albion fans, thus just paid on the door.

Also had a kindly turnstile operator who 'forgot' to add on the extra £3 for pay on the day.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
It's £10. :thud:
Well done for realising that,i could afford £100 or a £1000 but its the principle that matters.Fans in realistic terms have been duped yet again by the clubs money making scheme's.

The truth is the club will actually lose money:rolleyes:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Well done for realising that,i could afford £100 or a £1000 but its the principle that matters.Fans in realistic terms have been duped yet again by the clubs money making scheme's.

:braders: or :jester: or :tosser: ??

I have an idea-why don't you just go and support a club you'll be happy with? Clearly everything about the Albion pisses you off so why bother?

We won't miss your particular brand of support-honest!

Goodfella

North Stand Boy X320
Feb 9, 2004
Brighton
I also joined the AMS in the mistaken impression that it was for life, I have now reached the stage where I really cannot be arsed anymore, if I can't pay on the gate at an away game then I will probably find something else to do with my time...I doubt if I am alone.

You obviously couldn't be arsed to swap over then by 31st Aug ?
Was free if you were already an ams member

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I have an idea-why don't you just go and support a club you'll be happy with? Clearly everything about the Albion pisses you off so why bother?

We won't miss your particular brand of support-honest!
Why don't you just shut you're big fat mouth twat:tosser:

If thats you're view then this club certainly won't survive,try to respect other peoples opinions idiot.Yes this club is very annoying due to some pathetic things they do to annoy supporters.

You state we won't miss your particular support,well who's we or is that you?
The club will miss my sort of support,because supporting the club for 20 years and spending shite loads is f***-ing good support,so f*** right off you little shite head.:tosser::tosser:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Why don't you just shut you're big fat mouth twat:tosser:

If thats you're view then this club certainly won't survive,so f*** right off you little shite head.:tosser::tosser:

Was charm school closed? ???

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

I went so bollocks and yes as I said but you fail to read it is not being applied sensibly that is the problem

Yes, it's a f***ing DISGRACE that the club has money-making schemes, especially when all it can do at the moment is lose money.

Not the point. The AMS was introduced after Chesterfield in 2001 for a one-off, £10.00 fee that bought you membership for life. The club have now gone back on that. I'm only surprised there's not been more of a backlash over it (maybe there would have been if the team were performing and more wanted to get to the away games).

By all means knock 'sir albion' for some of his more questionable views, and the way he presents them, but in this instance he's got a valid point which should be challenged with the club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here