Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blooms Axe....

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I must admit I agree with Acker79; how can any club possibly listen to 'the fans' when 'the fans' are not some distinct homogenous entity but a mass of individuals holding, at times, wildly different opinions? I bet there aren't even two individuals who hold identical opinions about the Albion, let alone 20,000. Consequently the expression 'the club must listen to the fans' is almost totally meaningless.

Of course, the club can't act upon the wishes of every single fan, especially if many views will be polarised and/or contradictory. However, there are many issues over which there there may be a broad consensus. Listening to the fans ought to be easy, and as long as the fans feel as though they have been listened to, most will be happy. It's what the club does on the back of having listened to the fans that's the issue here.

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
Don't carry on supporting this club then, I'm sure the club would be better of without 'fans' like you!

I'll support this club, whoever is in charge!

**SUPER FAN ALERT**
NMU-Super-Fan-mock.jpg

I bet you've got a copy of build a bonfire! :thumbsup:

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
The point being massively missed here is that Bloom now runs the club in a far more democratic way than Knight did. He realises he's doesn't have the time/inside knowledge of the club DK did so is happy to let Brown, Perry etc do a lot of the running and let Slade sort out the playing side. If he had that little faith in him why would he do that? Tony Bloom is very rich and therefore very powerful. So far though he appears to be anything but a mad meglomaniac who will wield the axe on a whim without consultation. If he does decide to change manager it will be for what he sees as the best long term interests of the club and he will listen to a lot of other opinions first.

So please, as others have said, relax.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
He seems to have done ok running plenty of businesses so I'll trust him...

And let us not forget - he IS a fan as well.

I guess the alternative to anyone who dosn't like it is work hard, make more than £100million and buy the club off him.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As many have said TB is his own man and will do what he thinks is in the best interests of the club. The average fan doesnt care who is in charge, eg Leeds still get good crowds, and even though it went tits up people thought that A B S were the answer to our problems for a very long time. Had they not sold the Goldstone they would probably have still been in charge. That is how fickle fans are. TB has no reason whatsoever to listen to the fans because if he follows his business through, as some leave others will be excited by Falmer and start supporting the club, hopefully some of those will be the junior school kids who will support the club for many years to come.

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008
I don't think it's a case of "I'd expect to do as I want too !" I think it is a case of doing what is right for the club and of course the investment.

To be honest mate spending £93 Million to build the albion (or most clubs for that matter) a ground is not an investment.. its a bloody gift. So if he wants to sack anyone at the club, its all right by me.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
At the end of the day Tony Bloom will do what HE feels is right for the good of Brighton & Hove Albion. If he thinks Slade isn't doing a good enough job he'll have him out.
Yes Slade had legend status at the end of last season because he kept us up however those of us with longer memories may recall Steve Gritt whose leadership saved this club from oblivion being quietly dismissed in the first season at Gillingham. It doesn't take long to go from hero to zero in this game - just ask Carlton Cole after his howler on Sunday !!! I don't want Dennis Wise (unless he brings Poyet) but he'll never be as hated by the Albion fans as was Steve Coppell and he turned the majority of fans around.

Last edited:

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Anyone else worried about all these rumors about him wanting to get rid of Slade?

I dont want to carry on supporting a club with a mad owner like that. Slade already has cult status at the club or has everyone forgotton because of a few defeats? If Slade does go let me be the first to say that Bloom need to relinquish some power. Clearly the club need him but I dont want someone in charge with that sort of power.

thoughts?

Did you say RUMORS? well stop listening.The world is full of people worrying about.What might be.Whati,f and when, it happens.Then realise, that he is doing it for sake of the team he loves.:hammer:

Last edited:

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
didnt say i would stop supporting the club if we sacked slade or if we appoint coco the clown but just said i want enjoy doing so. The club should listen to the fans and what they want rather than just ruling with mad power. Dont you agree?

Any chairman needs to have his own choice of manager in charge of the team.

If Bloom wants Slade out, then he needs to go now, however good or bad he is, and whatever the fans think of him.

It can't, and won't work, if they don't see eye to eye.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
To be honest mate spending £93 Million to build the albion (or most clubs for that matter) a ground is not an investment.. its a bloody gift. So if he wants to sack anyone at the club, its all right by me.

Seconded!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here