Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blooms Axe....

philgull25

Jul 29, 2005
Polegate
Anyone else worried about all these rumors about him wanting to get rid of Slade?

I dont want to carry on supporting a club with a mad owner like that. Slade already has cult status at the club or has everyone forgotton because of a few defeats? If Slade does go let me be the first to say that Bloom need to relinquish some power. Clearly the club need him but I dont want someone in charge with that sort of power.

thoughts?

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
Don't carry on supporting this club then, I'm sure the club would be better of without 'fans' like you!

I'll support this club, whoever is in charge!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Bloom wants success. With a couple more defeats RS will quickly change from being a cult to a ****.

philgull25

Jul 29, 2005
Polegate
Don't carry on supporting this club then, I'm sure the club would be better of without 'fans' like you!

I'll support this club, whoever is in charge!

didnt say i would stop supporting the club if we sacked slade or if we appoint coco the clown but just said i want enjoy doing so. The club should listen to the fans and what they want rather than just ruling with mad power. Dont you agree?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Why should the club listen to the fans ?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
didnt say i would stop supporting the club if we sacked slade or if we appoint coco the clown but just said i want enjoy doing so. The club should listen to the fans and what they want rather than just ruling with mad power. Dont you agree?

No, not at all, the Chairman is in charge, what he says, goes. Why should/would he listen to us when he has advisers around him with far more experience in running a football club than you or I, and he has his own mind to make decisions with. Oh, and £92M gives him a little more right to do it his way, IMO.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
A la fin de la jour you only get so many decades on this planet. The last time this club had any real success was nigh on thirty years ago and god knows how long it will be before we taste success again. Personally I don't give a shit if in Bloom we've got a deadly Doug Ellis type chairman, maybe it's long overdue, maybe the pussy footing around has to become a thing of the past and ruthlessness has to be the keyword. If that's what it takes for me to see some success at the Albion before I pop my clogs bring it on.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Which fans should the club listen to?

The ones that think kuipers is a legend and should start every game, or the ones that think his time has passed and we need to give smith the shirt?

The ones that say we need a back four of whing/virgo/elphick/mcnulty, or the ones that think whing is mediocre and tunnicliff should be in there?

The fans that want a partnership of navarro and dicker, or the ones that want dicker and crofts, or the ones that want dicker and cox?

The ones that want cox on the left and wright on the right or the ones that want mccleod and bennett on the wings?

Should they listen to the fans who want Dickinson/Forster up front, or the ones that want Dickinson/davies?

Should they force Murray to stay and play with all his heart, or just dump him into unemployment?

Should the club listen to the fans that want to keep slade and give him a chance, or listen to the fans that want rid of him?

Which fans should they listen to when replacing Slade: those that want wise, thos e that want coppell back, those that want a young hungry manager like the one that made waves at lewes a couple of seasons back, or a tried and tested manager from above?

The club would quickly become schizophrenic if it listened to the fans.

philgull25

Jul 29, 2005
Polegate
No, not at all, the Chairman is in charge, what he says, goes. Why should/would he listen to us when he has advisers around him with far more experience in running a football club than you or I, and he has his own mind to make decisions with. Oh, and £92M gives him a little more right to do it his way, IMO.

That my problem. He always has the final say no matter what as he put in all the £92m. So Bloom is always right? No In the same way I may turn out to be wrong he could too. The fans have been there and seen it just like he has. He's supposed to be 'one of us'. therefore i dont see it ludicrous to expect him to pay the rest of us attention. 46 games are played over a season. whay sack a manager when he has made over 25 changes to the playing staff after 4 or 5 league games...just doesnt make sense to me.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
A la fin de la jour you only get so many decades on this planet. The last time this club had any real success was nigh on thirty years ago and god knows how long it will be before we taste success again. Personally I don't give a shit if in Bloom we've got a deadly Doug Ellis type chairman, maybe it's long overdue, maybe the pussy footing around has to become a thing of the past and ruthlessness has to be the keyword. If that's what it takes for me to see some success at the Albion before I pop my clogs bring it on.

*COUGH*

'Fin du jour' or 'fin de la journée'

:)

philgull25

Jul 29, 2005
Polegate
Which fans should the club listen to?

The ones that think kuipers is a legend and should start every game, or the ones that think his time has passed and we need to give smith the shirt?

The ones that say we need a back four of whing/virgo/elphick/mcnulty, or the ones that think whing is mediocre and tunnicliff should be in there?

The fans that want a partnership of navarro and dicker, or the ones that want dicker and crofts, or the ones that want dicker and cox?

The ones that want cox on the left and wright on the right or the ones that want mccleod and bennett on the wings?

Should they listen to the fans who want Dickinson/Forster up front, or the ones that want Dickinson/davies?

Should they force Murray to stay and play with all his heart, or just dump him into unemployment?

Should the club listen to the fans that want to keep slade and give him a chance, or listen to the fans that want rid of him?

Which fans should they listen to when replacing Slade: those that want wise, thos e that want coppell back, those that want a young hungry manager like the one that made waves at lewes a couple of seasons back, or a tried and tested manager from above?

The club would quickly become schizophrenic if it listened to the fans.

Clealry that why Slade and Bloom are there to make the final decision. Doesnt mean there arent a wide variety of options available and the fans and a clubs biggest stakeholder...THEREFORE OUR OPIONS COUNTS FOR SOMETHING DOESNT IT? Im not saying boo every game you dislike something or anything like that just that if there is a big issue like who manages the team the fans opion counts as in the end wasnt that ultimate end of managers in the past? Mcghee and adams lost the crowd, they had achieved great things in the past. Slade hasnt just unluckly hit a early bad patch of form.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
'Cause it wouldn't exist without them...?

My point is that the club is run on a commercial basis. So why should they act on the whim of fans who change their minds on a month to month basis ?

philgull25

Jul 29, 2005
Polegate
My point is that the club is run on a commercial basis. So why should they act on the whim of fans who change their minds on a month to month basis ?

Amonth ago Slade was part of the future according to the club...my point is they seem to be as bad as that group of fans. we need someone to make sensible decisions not just based on a 'quick fix' look where that got us with adams? no lessons learned clearly

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here