Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bloom and Barber fly out of the country tomorrow ?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It's perfectly normal to interview and/or hire people whilst abroad. I do it all the time. Videoconference (particulalry if initial conversations have already been held F2F earlier) works well.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Do you KNOW what percentage of our match ticket payments go to the Football League? Do you actually KNOW any of the figures involved - sponsorships and subscriptions. Or is this just another of your cheap shots based on what you WANT to be true rather than what you KNOW to be true? (As in your inaccurate comments about Hyppia.)

If you have an opinion, that's fine, but don't state it as fact.

So oh wise owl what are the complete and totally accurate facts and where exactly does all this money come from then !! You seem to think you know all the answers please enlighten us all with your wisdom and knowledge of all things Football League orientated.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
So oh wise owl what are the complete and totally accurate facts and where exactly does all this money come from then !! You seem to think you know all the answers please enlighten us all with your wisdom and knowledge of all things Football League orientated.

You miss the point completely.

I have absolutely no idea, and never claimed that I did. I asked YOU to provide the figures to back up YOUR statements.

You can't. You turned uninformed guesses into facts to support gratuitous criticisms.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
Exactly how do WE pay for it?

Well, if you strip it to the bare bones, the supporters pay for everything.

The half time oranges, the stewards who are forever telling you to sit down, the guy who cleans the toilets and even the big "we are going up" banners.

We pay for everything. Either directly or indirectly.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
on roughly the same tack, why are the first team squad (what there is of it!) and dev squad going to pre-season training in Spain, when the club are about to open a multi-million pound training centre ? Is that not what it's for ?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
on roughly the same tack, why are the first team squad (what there is of it!) and dev squad going to pre-season training in Spain, when the club are about to open a multi-million pound training centre ? Is that not what it's for ?

That is actually a very good question. Especially as we are meant to be trying save money!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
An English Football League meeting in Portugal?

Could they not find a conference room in England?

It's ironic that they've left the UK for Portugal to discuss how best to organise the league to support the England team. What about supporting English hotel and conference facilities industry while you're at it?

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK

Less distractions while abroad.

No mates ringing up wanting to out on the piss, no girlfriend wanting to go out for dinner etc etc

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Big assumption that they have made their decision/ the manager has agreed to join just because something they may go to is taking place abroad.

We have been told that the club are not in a rush so no reason to expect anything imminently IMO.

At last, a voice of sanity.
I said in my thread yesterday that the interviewing process would continue into next week and it could be as late as w/c 16th June ( or even 23rd June ) before an announcement.
It is my understanding that some candidates haven't been seen yet and that second interviews will start beyond this. Yesterday, there were posters on here declaring that there was gonna be a 6.00 pm announcement, with Hyypia named. Ridiculous, quite, quite ridiculous. Don't these people listen to what the club are saying? The interview process is only just underway. It has quite a way to run yet.
Take a deep breath, calm down and just let the process run its natural course and NO, there will not be an announcement this week. Even the end of next week is pushing your luck.

blueandwhitestripes

Mar 18, 2008
Sussex
Less distractions while abroad.

No mates ringing up wanting to out on the piss, no girlfriend wanting to go out for dinner etc etc

Yep, giving the team an opportunity to bond

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
At last, a voice of sanity.
I said in my thread yesterday that the interviewing process would continue into next week and it could be as late as w/c 16th June ( or even 23rd June ) before an announcement.
It is my understanding that some candidates haven't been seen yet and that second interviews will start beyond this. Yesterday, there were posters on here declaring that there was gonna be a 6.00 pm announcement, with Hyypia named. Ridiculous, quite, quite ridiculous. Don't these people listen to what the club are saying? The interview process is only just underway. It has quite a way to run yet.
Take a deep breath, calm down and just let the process run its natural course and NO, there will not be an announcement this week. Even the end of next week is pushing your luck.

No doubt people will instantly be telling me to calm down etc but next week will be 4 weeks since Oscar left, which was not a great surprise to most since the fact that he was unsettled was in the papers. You are saying it could be a further 2 weeks from then, in fact just a few days before what is left of the squad returns to training. Last close season was a train wreck, but the delays in appointing a replacement for Poyet was governed by legal requirements and the squad was almost in place so to a degree you can understand it. As I see it, if as you say, it will take another 2 weeks than the club are potentially putting themselves at a massive competitive disadvantage before the season even begins.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
An English Football League meeting in Portugal?

Could they not find a conference room in England?

Apparently there are rooms at the Amex which are available to hire for such functions. Maybe we should all write an email to the FA informing them of their error in overlooking such a venue

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
No doubt people will instantly be telling me to calm down etc but next week will be 4 weeks since Oscar left, which was not a great surprise to most since the fact that he was unsettled was in the papers. You are saying it could be a further 2 weeks from then, in fact just a few days before what is left of the squad returns to training. Last close season was a train wreck, but the delays in appointing a replacement for Poyet was governed by legal requirements and the squad was almost in place so to a degree you can understand it. As I see it, if as you say, it will take another 2 weeks than the club are potentially putting themselves at a massive competitive disadvantage before the season even begins.

This, with bells on. Don't want a rush job, but plenty of time has passed for us to make a managerial appointment, and it IS important that it happens quickly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here