Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bloom and Barber fly out of the country tomorrow ?

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
No doubt people will instantly be telling me to calm down etc but next week will be 4 weeks since Oscar left, which was not a great surprise to most since the fact that he was unsettled was in the papers. You are saying it could be a further 2 weeks from then, in fact just a few days before what is left of the squad returns to training. Last close season was a train wreck, but the delays in appointing a replacement for Poyet was governed by legal requirements and the squad was almost in place so to a degree you can understand it. As I see it, if as you say, it will take another 2 weeks than the club are potentially putting themselves at a massive competitive disadvantage before the season even begins.

Have to agree with this. I think the top names on the list have all declined and we are now working list B and a repeat of last season poor preparation is now looming

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Most importantly, when are TB and PB flying back?

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
All English rooms booked up apparently.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
At last, a voice of sanity.
I said in my thread yesterday that the interviewing process would continue into next week and it could be as late as w/c 16th June ( or even 23rd June ) before an announcement.
It is my understanding that some candidates haven't been seen yet and that second interviews will start beyond this. Yesterday, there were posters on here declaring that there was gonna be a 6.00 pm announcement, with Hyypia named. Ridiculous, quite, quite ridiculous. Don't these people listen to what the club are saying? The interview process is only just underway. It has quite a way to run yet.
Take a deep breath, calm down and just let the process run its natural course and NO, there will not be an announcement this week. Even the end of next week is pushing your luck.

I'm somewhat flummoxed by this post. I'm not impatient, but the interview process is not just under way. The club told us eleven days ago that they were starting. Beyond disputing that point, on what basis are you making the rest of your claims?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I said in my thread yesterday that the interviewing process would continue into next week and it could be as late as w/c 16th June ( or even 23rd June ) before an announcement.
It is my understanding that some candidates haven't been seen yet and that second interviews will start beyond this. Yesterday, there were posters on here declaring that there was gonna be a 6.00 pm announcement, with Hyypia named. Ridiculous, quite, quite ridiculous. Don't these people listen to what the club are saying? The interview process is only just underway. It has quite a way to run yet.
Take a deep breath, calm down and just let the process run its natural course and NO, there will not be an announcement this week. Even the end of next week is pushing your luck.

Do you honestly think they have an employment process like this for the role of manager/head coach!!! You make it sound like they will have had a list of 7 or 8 who get interviewed and then whittle that down to 2 or 3 who come back for a second interview!!!

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006

Well according to todays argus we've already had 2 interviews with Fred Hantz so I think we are a bit further down the line than your saying.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Well according to todays argus we've already had 2 interviews with Fred Hantz so I think we are a bit further down the line than your saying.

Exactly, he is just guessing like all of us are.

Wouldn't surprise me if the interview process is now complete leaving Bloom and Barber a couple of days whilst away in Portugal to make a decision and discuss their options. What is pleasing me is our search for a manager seems to be quite widespread with some very left field names. Even Hantz is quoted as being flattered that we even knew who he was and what he had achieved.

I'm glad I support a team who don't just rush a managerial appointment with the same old names off the manager merry go round. However because of the nature of the candidates it appears we are talking to its important not to rush an appointment and that Bloom and Barber cover every angle before appointing their man.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
Well, if you strip it to the bare bones, the supporters pay for everything.

The half time oranges, the stewards who are forever telling you to sit down, the guy who cleans the toilets and even the big "we are going up" banners.

We pay for everything. Either directly or indirectly.

And the sponsors...

And with that in mind dont feel too hard done by: spare a thought of the poor FA and club reps that have paid for themselves by buying products in the shops and watching adverts on tv and paying for sky that pay the clubs and the FA.

They are basically paying for themselves to go to work.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here