Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blood Sausage/Pudding

Clothes Peg

Mar 3, 2007
mejonaNO12 aka riskit said:
yum indeed. i do love me spinach in a nice recotta cheese with bacon and stuffed into cannaloni tubes. mmmmmmm

i realise i have made many a spelling mistake...

Indeed you have, but I'll be polite and not mention it.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
the undiscovered beuaty of it is sticking it in fajitas - it may ruin your guts afterwards, but it is absolutely divine

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
ginadim said:
I used to eat it loads, until I discovered there was beef blood in it. (I don't eat Beef). I blame the lack of black pudding for my shockingly low iron levels that lead to people coming up to me in Asda asking if I'm alright as I look like I'm about to faint.

I think you'll find it's pigs blood???

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
OzMike said:
Traditionally from pigs blood, just like traditional Italian salami is made from donkey:eek:
Is it? I know that chorizo is sometimes made from dead horse. There was a big old fiesta when Desert Orch...actually no, I'll stop right there...

Clothes Peg

Mar 3, 2007
Man of Harveys said:
Is it? I know that chorizo is sometimes made from dead horse. There was a big old fiesta when Desert Orch...actually no, I'll stop right there...

I'm worried now, what's in bratwurst?

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
ginadim said:
That stuff is revolting. I prefer spinach.

Problem is, spinach doesn't have as much Iron as you may think. When it was being tested in the 1930s (however they do it) the scientist chappie put the decimal point in the wrong place, so everybody thought it has 10 times as much spinach as it actually does.

I am very amaemic due to other things, so I have to have an 'Iron infusion every once in a while - which is 8 hours on an outpatients bed while they pump a litre of liquid iron in me. Not fun, but not as bad as it sounds.

Clothes Peg

Mar 3, 2007
Tricky Dicky said:
Problem is, spinach doesn't have as much Iron as you may think. When it was being tested in the 1930s (however they do it) the scientist chappie put the decimal point in the wrong place, so everybody thought it has 10 times as much spinach as it actually does.

I am very amaemic due to other things, so I have to have an 'Iron infusion every once in a while - which is 8 hours on an outpatients bed while they pump a litre of liquid iron in me. Not fun, but not as bad as it sounds.

Aww, I had to take the pills, and they're not nice to the insides. My Hb is 11.8 now, so I'm not too bad.

I've also heard that dark chocolate is high in iron.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
ginadim said:
I'm worried now, what's in bratwurst?
Nothing but the mashed-up best bits of sweet-faced beer-fed little German piglets.

Apparently, this many:
four%20piglets%20front%20view%20jpg.jpg

...make one Currywurst.

Clothes Peg

Mar 3, 2007
Man of Harveys said:
Nothing but the mashed-up best bits of sweet-faced beer-fed little German piglets.

Apparently, this many:

...make one Currywurst.

Great. I used to like a bit of german sausage. I'm now not so sure.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
:down: :down: :down: :down:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
They'd run out in the staff canteen this morning and I was gutted. I had to have a crappy normal sausage instead. Rubbish. Ruined my whole day. I considered going home with stress.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Blood Sausage

Made we a little worried with the thread title I thought it was refering to dipping in whilst it was rag week!!!!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Guiness is actually quite low in iron. Takes something like 30 pints to make up for three bowls of spinach.

I know which most of us lot would rather have for dinner though.

Last edited:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Nibble said:
Guiness is actually quite low in iron. Takes something like 30 pints to make up for three bowls of spinach.

I know which most of us lot would rather have for dinner though.

Fish fingers, chips and beans!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here