Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blimey 9 (nine) threads on ATC about Sunderland ticket prices.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I agree with others how on earth is it unfair to STH's if they reduce prices for cup games, I do not understand that comment, UNLESS Insider assumes that cup tickets are still included for STH's as in the past

Ken Newbury

Feb 6, 2006
1/2 mile from LDC country
My particular complaint on this occasion is that the Club are justifying the price of the Sunderland tickets by claiming that to charge less would be "unfair to season ticket holders". That is nonsense. If they said they can charge what they want, that would at least make some sense. What they have said doesn't.

Sunderland Prices

LB, if you re-read Insiders reply to the original question you can clealry see that Paul misunderstood the question being asked and was replying in regards to League games only!

The tickets were reduced for the Gillingham Carling Cup match, but the regular matchday prices for the Championship will not change this season (they may be reduced for future cup games, depending on oppponents). If the club was to reduce the prices of the matchday tickets, this would be unfair on the 18,000 season-ticket holders who have bought their season tickets in advance, and prices which directly correlate with those prices.

As you can see Paul was clearly saying that reducing Championship ticket prices would be unfair on STH.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
The Sunderland tickets will be the most expensive home tickets I've ever purchased a sign of the times I guess

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
LB, if you re-read Insiders reply to the original question you can clealry see that Paul misunderstood the question being asked and was replying in regards to League games only!

The tickets were reduced for the Gillingham Carling Cup match, but the regular matchday prices for the Championship will not change this season (they may be reduced for future cup games, depending on oppponents). If the club was to reduce the prices of the matchday tickets, this would be unfair on the 18,000 season-ticket holders who have bought their season tickets in advance, and prices which directly correlate with those prices.

As you can see Paul was clearly saying that reducing Championship ticket prices would be unfair on STH.

I can see what you are saying, hopefully he will clarify this.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
£32 is too rich for my blood. Can whoever sits in MY seat please be slim and wear gloves please.

Male or female, wrist or elbow?

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
The people complaining have a fair point to make. For North Stand season ticket holders, the Club is charging £17.17 a game for league matches. The charge to North Stand season ticket holders for the Sunderland game is £24 + a £2 booking fee. This is 51 per cent more expensive than a league match.

Yet the Club is defending its charges on the grounds that to charge less would be "unfair to season ticket holders".

I could understand an argument that justifies non-season ticket holders paying more than season ticket holders. But that isn't what's happening. Season ticket holders are feeling ripped off and the Club doesn't seem to understand why.

But why should Season Ticket Holders feel ripped off? surely its the opposite as it shows just what a good deal they get by having a Season Ticket rather than having to buy the same tickets on a game by game basis

The Season would cost £395 if they brought a ST in the North Stand, however it should cost £552 if there wasn't a discount giving a saving of £157 so why is it a rip off for a ST holder to be charged the full price for a one off match?

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Thing is we shouldn't be talking about 17-19k as achievable against a Premiership side when we just got 16k against Gillingham, we should be talking about a guaranteed sell out. I think with the Gillingham crowd, new ground excitement, and a Premiership team the pound signs were flashing in the eyes of whoever decides these things, but they seem to have made a misjudgement. :shrug:

We don't know that yet, say we get a similar turnout for the Donny game it won't be classed as a misjudgement. The tickets have only just gone on sale to ST holders so how can you know how many will be there, i suspect it will be pretty full

The original question is headed "Sunderland tickets". That's what made me think it was about the price of Sunderland tickets.

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
The original question is headed "Sunderland tickets". That's what made me think it was about the price of Sunderland tickets.

This is what I think Lord Bracknell was trying to explain from the ask the club thread, which the club have said they want to be fair to STH

The way I see it is we pay £495.00 for season ticket which is £41.25 per month - over 23 games a season it works out to be £21.52 per match. Yes maybe an increase for cup matches but up to £30.00 is too much. All I have tried to say that £8.47 increase is a little bit harse on some people. If money is no concern for some then thats fine but to some it is and it dosen't make them moaners!

Redhill Seagull

Oct 22, 2003
Redhill

I was the one who posted the original question and yes it was the sunderland prices i was asking about. The reply from insider doesnt really answer my question. Think maybe he didnt read it properly as i dont see the being unfair to season ticket holders is a valid answer as its cup tickets im refering to which all season tickets holders have to pay as separate so whatever price is set will be fair to all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here