Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blaynley Coming!

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Didn't he have on and off problems with his calf muslcles as well.He also had back problems and other niggley injuries

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
32 is no age for a keeper.

It is old enough to be more prone to injuries, Especially considering the horrific injury he had to his arm. Im happy for Kuipers to be no 1 now anyway so hopefully he doesn't get injured, however it is nice to have some decent cover and competition of Kuipers starts making mistakes.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
When was Kuipers last injured?

Stop trying to find a excuse for your stupid comment you made earlier which i answered and you kept rather quiet about.:wave:

Last edited:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
What he said. Kuipers is absolutely no way any more injury-prone than any other player.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

The older you get the more likely you will pick up injuries which will take longer to heal then if you were at a younger age.FACT

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Man of Harveys said:
What he said. Kuipers is absolutely no way any more injury-prone than any other player.

Really?Hammond,Robinson etc etc

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
algie said:
The older you get the more likely you will pick up injuries which will take longer to heal then if you were at a younger age.FACT

Look, I'm not denying that. I just don't see how Kuipers isinjury prone and I don't think we need both Kuipers and Blayney. Last time one keeper had a proper run in our side (when we one the two titles) we had Kuipers as a very definite number one. None of this two keeper malarkey.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Look, I'm not denying that. I just don't see how Kuipers isinjury prone and I don't think we need both Kuipers and Blayney. Last time one keeper had a proper run in our side (when we one the two titles) we had Kuipers as a very definite number one. None of this two keeper malarkey.

I think most clubs have decent cover for a 32 year old goal-keeper. Especially one who has thrown his toys out of the pram and gone on the transfer list in the last year, and whos contract is running out in the summer.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Da Man Clay said:
I think most clubs have decent cover for a 32 year old goal-keeper. Especially one who has thrown his toys out of the pram and gone on the transfer list in the last year, and whos contract is running out in the summer.

That's better! Good point about his contract.

I still don't like having two keepers though.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

So if Kuipers picks up a six month injury what would you do?

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004

I do know what you mean, and if Kuipers was 5 or 6 years younger id agree.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
algie said:
So if Kuipers picks up a six month injury what would you do?

Give Sullivan a go and emergency loan a keeper if needs be.

We've put a lot of faith in youth, why not in goal too?

Yoda

English & European
Da Man Clay said:
Are Martin and Sullivan not out on loan somewhere? And doesn't Winterton train with the youth?

Martin is on loan to some part time team (can't remember who) so still trains with us beacuse of that. Sullivan isn't on loan and has been on our bench quite a few times this season. (When Hendo last had his hissy fit, and then again when he was injured).

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Give Sullivan a go and emergency loan a keeper if needs be.

We've put a lot of faith in youth, why not in goal too?

While I agree with this in idea what happens if Martin and Sullivan turn out to be very good?

Also is throwing a youth keeper in while in a relegation battle the best idea?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here