Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blaynley Coming!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Why? Why must we have two keepers fighting for the shirt?

Because one is very injury prone?

Tiptop24

Jan 23, 2007
Chicago, USA
Still using the old "try hard to bring someone in on loan" story.....like Dichio, like Thorpe, like every other transfer window....:nono:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Da Man Clay said:
f***ing hell we actually wanted to spend cash. Surprised our Constantine offer was accepted though.

He's out of contract at the end of the season and Port Vale know he wants to move. Selling him now would have got them something for him, rather than at the end of the season when he's out of contract and can move for free.

Last edited:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
My point is that these young keepers we have, who seem to be very well thought of, are never going to get a chance to play for the first team as there will always be two keepers ahead of them fighting for the spot. They are never going to get a proper chance.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
My point is that these young keepers we have, who seem to be very well thought of, are never going to get a chance to play for the first team as there will always be two keepers ahead of them fighting for the spot. They are never going to get a proper chance.

Young and not ready I imagine. I wouldn't want to rely on them for 2 or 3 monts when Kuipers gets injured.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
It's a fair point, I just can't see how their development is going to get that far playing in the reserves until they are 'ready'.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Why? Why must we have two keepers fighting for the shirt?

What a f***ing thick thing to say:shootself

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Marshy said:
Kuipers will not be here next season.
So the 2 young lads will get a chance.

Really?You want a bet on it?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
algie said:
What a f***ing thick thing to say:shootself

Look, we've had two keeps of pretty much the same standard battling it out for the number one spot. IMO this means that keeps can never settle as thay know a couple of mistakes can cost them there place. I don't think this should be the case. If Kuipers is so good why don't we just wait until he does get injured and then sign cover on loan, in the meantime giving one of the youngsters a chance to warm the bench and help their development. People speak very highly of the young keepers we have but will we ever see them play for the club?

Can you explain why you think we do need two keepers of a similar standard battling it out for the shirt and can you not go beyond calling people 'f***ing thick'?

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Yorkie said:
Because one is very injury prone?

Aside from the car accident, is he really any more injury prone than most other goalies:wave:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Look, we've had two keeps of pretty much the same standard battling it out for the number one spot. IMO this means that keeps can never settle as thay know a couple of mistakes can cost them there place. I don't think this should be the case. If Kuipers is so good why don't we just wait until he does get injured and then sign cover on loan, in the meantime giving one of the youngsters a chance to warm the bench and help their development. People speak very highly of the young keepers we have but will we ever see them play for the club?

Can you explain why you think we do need two keepers of a similar standard battling it out for the shirt and can you not go beyond calling people 'f***ing thick'?

If you can't see it i really can't be arsed to explain.Think other posters have explained to you.Oh well i'll do it just for you

First thing first Kuipers is a good keeper but is prone to injuries.Next major point is by adding to the squad your stoping players being conplacesent and taking the shirt for granted.Next major point is all players suffer from a dip in form from time to time.Finally our rookie keepers need time.You just can't throw them in.If they make a mistake in goal it normally leads to a goal where as an outfield player might get away with it.A young goal keeper can more easily lose confidence then any other outfield player.

Last edited:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Renns said:
as if constantine wanted to stay at port vale. Were a much bigger club than them

What? So you are saying the club are lying? Think about it, you're a 28 year old striker and the top scorer in your division. Your contract runs out at the end of the season, so you can go on a free and get better wages, almost certainly at a higher level. A team comes in for you in January who are lower in the league than your current team with a worse ground. Whi in God's name would you want to accept the offer?

:shootself :shootself

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
When was Kuipers last injured?

So he didn't rip all his muscle/tissue away from the bone and was sidelined for a year?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Right. So he's PRONE then? He had ONE injury. I don't see that as PRONE do you? Was he injury prone in the three seasons where he was first choice or did he play 147 times?

There is no evidence to suggest he is injury prone.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Right. So he's PRONE then? He had ONE injury. I don't see that as PRONE do you? Was he injury prone in the three seasons where he was first choice or did he play 147 times?

There is no evidence to suggest he is injury prone.

That was a long long time ago. He is getting on now and therefore is likely to be prone to more injuries.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here