• Big Gay Al

Votes: 32 52.5%
  • Wayno

Votes: 29 47.5%

• Total voters

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Right now NSC, following the completely unassured performance in goal from Mr Blayney on Saturday who would we rather sign on a long term basis?

Henderson's positioning, ball handling and communication is far superior to Big Gay Al's. The own goal by McShane on Saturday seemed completely down to the fact that Blayney refused to come off his line to claim anything. Blayney's distribution is very slow, meaning our wingers never really got the leap on the Covvo back four. Overall it seems that Henderson does pretty much everything better than Blayney and I hope we can persuade him to come down here for good.

Last edited:

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
I would have been delighted to have Blayney at the start of the season, but Henderson has been excellent recently, so I'd probably have him at the moment.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Henderson looked unsure 1st few games so give Blayney 6 or 7 games and I'll give you a considered opinion rather than a knee jerk one :p

silky1

Aug 2, 2004
Macclesfield
Blayney looked good last year, didn't see him on Saturday, but Henderson has improved every time I have seen him play this season, so probably Henderson. Obviously Kuipers would be ahead of both!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Icy Gull said:
Henderson looked unsure 1st few games so give Blayney 6 or 7 games and I'll give you a considered opinion rather than a knee jerk one :p

Blayney was EXACTLY the same last season. He never came off his line then and he isn't doing now. I think he may have just looked better last year a we had some shit in goal before he joined.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Blayney was EXACTLY the same last season. He never came off his line then and he isn't doing now. I think he may have just looked better last year a we had some shit in goal before he joined.

Can I just say Bollocks to that :)

edit: haven't got time to argue until later

Last edited:

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
Kuipers is one of the best keepers in the division and I can't wait for him to return. I only hope that he is as good as he was.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003

Certainly on Saturday it was noticeable on how good Hendersons distribution was as Blaney spent the first half punting the ball up field and did not roll the ball to the wingers until the second half. Chappers is correct, Blaney is slow off his line and seems scared to leave the 6 yard box. But nice that we can argue about which keeper to play rather than worry about which one is playing.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Blayney was great for us last season, Henderson getting better and better before his injury... Henderson's distribution better, but although his shot-stopping is good, he would do better to push those he can't hold round the post or over the bar, rtaher than back into the danger ara... Blayney was not great on Sat, but I would still plump for him... just think he is the better all-round keeper... close tho', and would like us to sign either on pem deal... we need proper cover for the FDM... should have solved this problem in the summer...

LDH

Sep 22, 2004
Blayney seems to be able to hold the ball better. Henders seems to parry a lot (a couple of which have led to goals). If he held onto more or even tipped the ball round the post more I'd be more confident in him.

I thought Mcshane was terrible yesterday, great so far this season but had a real off game yesterday.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
LDH said:
Blayney seems to be able to hold the ball better. Henders seems to parry a lot (a couple of which have led to goals). If he held onto more or even tipped the ball round the post more I'd be more confident in him.

I thought Mcshane was terrible yesterday, great so far this season but had a real off game yesterday.

The games ive seen the only goal that a team has scored after a parry was sheff utd and that was a great save in first place

LDH

Sep 22, 2004
and leeds. Both good saves but could've been pushed away from the goal not back into the middle. I just feel more confident with blayne but henders is omproving (looked very dodgy against derby but has improved with every game since).

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
LDH said:
and leeds. Both good saves but could've been pushed away from the goal not back into the middle. I just feel more confident with blayne but henders is omproving (looked very dodgy against derby but has improved with every game since).

fair point bout leeds - being a bit harsh as both were from close range

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
How people can feel more confident in Blayney is very strange. Certainly the first goal could have been avoided on Saturday if he hadn't been glued to his line.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
How people can feel more confident in Blayney is very strange. Certainly the first goal could have been avoided on Saturday if he hadn't been glued to his line.

having just seen the goals i tend to agree - very kuipers like

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
LDH said:

I'm sure Blayney wouldn't have been able to hold either of those shots - they were just great saves unlucky to fall to an opposition player. The blame with the Sheff Utd goal lies with the defence more than the keeper, who were so slow to react.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here