Votes: 32 52.5%
  • Wayno

Votes: 29 47.5%

• Total voters

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
How people can feel more confident in Blayney is very strange. Certainly the first goal could have been avoided on Saturday if he hadn't been glued to his line.
That's a criticism you could easily make of Henderson's first few games, but he's gotten better the more he's played, much like Blayney did last season.

I'd be happy with either of them though.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
I cannot decide. How long is Henderson out for. Blayney might get better as he gets more familiar with the defence.

Is Kuipers ever going to recover?

Uncle Buck said:
Certainly on Saturday it was noticeable on how good Hendersons distribution was as Blaney spent the first half punting the ball up field and did not roll the ball to the wingers until the second half. Chappers is correct, Blaney is slow off his line and seems scared to leave the 6 yard box. But nice that we can argue about which keeper to play rather than worry about which one is playing.

Have to disagree on the facts - I was actually looking out for Blayney's distribution all game, and after the excellent saves he made very early on, he was then using throws to get our play going well.

Disagree about Blayney not coming off his line, he made one of his best goal-saving moments at Highfield Road last season doing precisely that.

I think there is a slight prejudice developing in favour of Henderson on the basis that his style of play is more suited to our attacking game, but I think that is mere coincidence that he has played in those games and I think Blayney will disprove it given the chance, which I reckon he will get.

I think Blayney edges the debate in terms of his command, I think he represents a more intimidating presence than Henderson, his reflex saves might be even better.

I thought Blayney was top class on Saturday and the cross for the first goal was way too fast and flat to blame him for, if the case being made is that Henderson would have come and claimed it, I think that's a big stretch in a lot of ways! :D

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:
Have to disagree on the facts - I was actually looking out for Blayney's distribution all game, and after the excellent saves he made very early on, he was then using throws to get our play going well.

Disagree about Blayney not coming off his line, he made one of his best goal-saving moments at Highfield Road last season doing precisely that.

I think there is a slight prejudice developing in favour of Henderson on the basis that his style of play is more suited to our attacking game, but I think that is mere coincidence that he has played in those games and I think Blayney will disprove it given the chance, which I reckon he will get.

I think Blayney edges the debate in terms of his command, I think he represents a more intimidating presence than Henderson, his reflex saves might be even better.

I thought Blayney was top class on Saturday and the cross for the first goal was way too fast and flat to blame him for, if the case being made is that Henderson would have come and claimed it, I think that's a big stretch in a lot of ways! :D

There were a couple of times where Blaney seemed a bit slow on making a decision to come out. I have said it before with Blaney that he is technically a good keeper and these faults can be ironed out with some coaching, after all he is only young.

I guess Henderson to me is more of a modern keeper, he knows accurate distribution is key to the game these days and in a way being able to do this means it is akin to having a sweeper in the game and you are right, his throwing complements are current attacking style. However again there are areas of his game that need working on.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Stinky Kat said:
I cannot decide. How long is Henderson out for. Blayney might get better as he gets more familiar with the defence.

Is Kuipers ever going to recover?
Henderson is not out for long. Could be back for Burnley I think I read, although Blayney is favourite to keep goal.

Kuipers is back in full training.

Amazing embarassment of riches coming up, Hendeson, Blayney and Michel all available at the same time - frame that moment, one of them will trip over the dog and break a leg vitually straight away :jester:

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Henderson, then we can see more of his missus,

Ps. is there an update on her name yet???

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
KinkyGoebels said:
having just seen the goals i tend to agree - very kuipers like

So you like keepers who take more risks when coming for crosses, e.g. Roberts... I prefer more rounded keepers, e.g. FDM (distribution apart!)... just my opinion... both have advantages and disadvantages...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
How close is this pole!?...

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Stumpy Tim said:
Both are excellent young keepers. I would be happy with either

Me too. Although Henderson has had more clean sheets.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
B.W. said:
So you like keepers who take more risks when coming for crosses, e.g. Roberts... I prefer more rounded keepers, e.g. FDM (distribution apart!)... just my opinion... both have advantages and disadvantages...

Yes and as a defender i prefer playing with them. in both ways

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here