Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blasted trains

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
A word of warning to anyone thinking of going to Swindon via Gatwick Airport and Reading. Just been looking on the web for times as it was the way I went to Bristol and it worked brilliantly. The trains are replaced by buses that day, and there is only one an hour, at 10 past, taking 1 hour 45 minutes. Oh well, looks like it's the wheel for me and no :drink:. I could use my season ticket from East Grinstead, but that would not get me back until 2136, and I have to be up early for work next day. Just thought I'd warn you all.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Also, you will have to catch the train at 1826 at Swindon. If you get the one that gets in at Reading at 1918, you will miss the bus by 3 minutes. Also, will they put enough buses on?

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
can someone confirm this as rung up and they say their isnt any disruptions

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
TC said:
They should do a special train. :wave:

They may already have, things like this don't appear on the web site, better off phoning them !!!

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
According to www.nationalrail.co.uk there are buses between Gatwick and Reading. All this means is you need to go into London, which does not make all that much difference to the journey time. However it will push the cost up a couple of quid.

Just checked and on Sunday evening there is a 2002 from Reading that is direct to Brighton, arriving at 2202, but be warned this is a Virgin service and so it is pot luck as to whether it actually runs

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
looks like via london then,they havent a clue rung twice today one person said yes ,other said no,they are useless:jester: :jester: :jester:

Faldo

Jul 7, 2003
Dont PM it - whack it on here.

Going from London Paddington should take an hour or so - and the scheduled work timetable doesnt have any disruptions on it for sunday.

Or am I being a plum?

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
TC said:
Post all train details here please everyone!

And prices?

Thanks.

Best price from London to Swindon with no discount card is £29.50 (Supersaver), this does not tie you to any trains, however it maybe worth calling Great Western and seeing if they have any deals available. If you have a Network Card, buying a ticket to Reading will bring the cost down a tad and if it means the bastard train companies make less then it is good, even if it is a bit more hassle.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
What an excellent idea Berkshire.
I just can't even begin to understand why people ever bother checking up on our trains, being as eveything runs like clockwork all the time anyway. Tch, some people eh.
:lolol:

Last edited:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Easy 10 said:
What an excellent idea Berkshire.
I just can't even begin to understand why people ever bother checking up on our trains, being as eveything runs like clockwork all the time anyway. Tch, some people eh.
:lolol:
Never checked the time for a train in my life and never had a prob.:lolol:

I mean come on you always get at least 2 trains an hour don't ya and even on a sunday.:shootself :drink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here