Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blame Keegan

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Haven't seen anyone anywhere put the blame firmly where it belongs for last nights disappointing draw. Keegan was to blame when we lost to Argentina in 98 with, when the scores were 2-2, his comment that he can only see one team winning this now and that was England. Last night he predicted 4-1. How out of touch with football is this cretin. Still, bet the geordies would take him back for the third coming, or would it be the fourth, I lose count.

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
Pretty sure that comment was when Romania beat us 2 1.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Pretty sure that comment was when Romania beat us 2 1.

He was the one who confidently predicted Batty would score in the penalty shoot out, whoever that was against.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I think it was the Yank WC when he commented something like: "You don't like seeing players going down like that - there was nothing in itfor me", after (possibly) Roberto Carlos had just laid out an oppo player with a haymaker. :lol:

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I think it was the Yank WC when he commented something like: "You don't like seeing players going down like that - there was nothing in itfor me", after (possibly) Roberto Carlos had just laid out an oppo player with a haymaker. :lol:

It was Leonardo..

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
KK plays a good game of 3 card brag with the lads though, and he was the FIRST choice of Sun readers to be England manager in '98 after Hoddle quit.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
KK was the one who failed to see a player punch another in the face in USA '94 until he saw the replay, makes Wenger look and angel.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
But he came out with the funniest co commentator line a few years ago when a player got a ball in the bollox. The physio was on and KK said "the only thing the physio can do in that situation is check they are still there".

Genius!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Bravo! :clap:

Btw, KK remained unconvinced - uttering "mmmmmmmm, I don't know" - after he'd witnessed the replay a couple of times. Marvelous. :lolol:

He was never the same since he was was beaten up in a car with a baseball bat in 1991 by a jealous boyfriend.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
He was never the same since he was was beaten up in a car with a baseball bat in 1991 by a jealous boyfriend.

The 'Mighty Mouse' a gayer? Shirley not?!! :eek:

Mind you, judging by his complexion these days, I wouldn't be hugely surprised if he was on a cheeky lil' necrophilia-type-tip innit.

It's all a far cry from 'England, My England'. :cry:

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I think the Keegan criticism is harsh (the Leonardo comment excepted).

On the Batty penalty one, Brian Moore in an interview afterwards said that was the only thing he'd said in commentary that he'd regretted as keegan (who'd managed Batty) could hardly say anything other than 'yes'.

Also I heard from one of the physios that Keegan inherited a very dispirited England dressing room who had been torn to shreds by Hoddle. There is a story about how he reduced Beckham to tears just before the Argentina game by getting him again and again to try and chip the ball into a waste paper bin on the goal line from the edge of the 'D' - beckham hit the basket 4 times out of 10 but was lampooned for failing to get it in the basket. Hoddle didn't ask any other players (who would likely have also failed) but did of course manage it himself 1st time and took great pleasure in rubbing the squad's noses into it!

keegan got back the respect and trust of the players and was apparently inspirational in the team talks - how often did England under keegan make great starts in games? Hoddles technical knowledge and attention to detail coupled with Keegans passion and man management would have been the perfect match.

User Removed

Oct 21, 2005
Brighton
The 'Mighty Mouse' a gayer? Shirley not?!! :eek:

Mind you, judging by his complexion these days, I wouldn't be hugely surprised if he was on a cheeky lil' necrophilia-type-tip innit.

It's all a far cry from 'England, My England'. :cry:

Who's Shirley?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
KK was the one who failed to see a player punch another in the face in USA '94 until he saw the replay, makes Wenger look and angel.

An elbow, wasn't it? On Tab Ramos of the USA, leaving him with a fractured cheekbone.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
So I might have got the quote wrong for the game I refered to but the evidence against him is clearly stacking up!!! He is cursed. ITV HD blunder was probably down to him.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I think the Keegan criticism is harsh (the Leonardo comment excepted).

On the Batty penalty one, Brian Moore in an interview afterwards said that was the only thing he'd said in commentary that he'd regretted as keegan (who'd managed Batty) could hardly say anything other than 'yes'.

Also I heard from one of the physios that Keegan inherited a very dispirited England dressing room who had been torn to shreds by Hoddle. There is a story about how he reduced Beckham to tears just before the Argentina game by getting him again and again to try and chip the ball into a waste paper bin on the goal line from the edge of the 'D' - beckham hit the basket 4 times out of 10 but was lampooned for failing to get it in the basket. Hoddle didn't ask any other players (who would likely have also failed) but did of course manage it himself 1st time and took great pleasure in rubbing the squad's noses into it!

keegan got back the respect and trust of the players and was apparently inspirational in the team talks - how often did England under keegan make great starts in games? Hoddles technical knowledge and attention to detail coupled with Keegans passion and man management would have been the perfect match.

There is little doubt that Hoddle is a narcissistic twat, Tony Cascarino was very criticial of him in his autobiog. Keegan's record as manager is the worst of any full time manager.

He was seen as a bit of a joke at Citeh whilst he was there too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here