Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blackpool vs Brighton & Hove Albion ***Official Match Thread***

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Does anyone on here truly believe that Gus will be able to turn round our current run of poor form? I really can't see it. As a attacking force we are toothless. Other than occasional pressure from Buckley we have nobody to frighten the opposition.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Just knew we had softened up Leicester by giving them a really difficult game.

As for the match today, our midfielders cannot seem to hold on to the ball, cannot even seem to face their goal. Macca seems to have the better of Baptiste or Angel in the air, but cannot beat him on the floor. Opposite of what I would have expected. Is Barnes playing further forward than normal which may explain why they have the advantage in midfield. But they are not dominating as they are too quick and hurried getting forward.

I think Blackpool are beatable. I think I would like to see Buckley move over to the right when Dobbie replaces Barnes, and Orlandi replaces Crofts. As the game goes on I think we are getting better.

But the fact we have not had a sniff let alone a half chance and they have had about four quarter chances.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Absolutely awful. No cohesion, no support from midfield for the attacking play. For a supposed passing side who like play they are definately NOT playing at all. Dreadful.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
We aren't, more encouraging though and I think we could actually score. Of course ill probably be flamed for saying we weren't shit, which is the truth. If we were so shit, we would be 3-0 down - which the anti-gus brigade would love.

There isn't any belief , most of the them are playing below par.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Does anyone on here truly believe that Gus will be able to turn round our current run of poor form? I really can't see it. As a attacking force we are toothless. Other than occasional pressure from Buckley we have nobody to frighten the opposition.

Yes, because you don't just sack your manager each time your in bad form. Reading were in dire form this time last season - wonder what happened to them....

ridda

Oct 6, 2003
BN1
Same old problem we can't get hold of the ball in midfield,and when we do the passing is shit, both crofts and hammond look totally out of touch.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I think people are judging this game by the run that came before it more than the game itself. It's not great, but it's not as bad as some people have made out. Barnes has made some mistakes, but isn't for me noticeably worse than most of the team. CMS's first touch is making it impossible for him to receive the long ball and keep it - it just bounces off him and blackpool get it back. Bridcutt's passing has gone astray, El Abd has been beaten a few times, most players are losing the ball too easily too often. But we've done enough to keep them out despite them starting so much stronger than us, we've had a few touches, and 51-49% possession is indicative of a balanced 0-0 half. Listening to some on here this is the worst game of football ever, we're lucky to be level, and blackpool have had 90% of the play and this is solely down to barnes kicking a ball across the box when he was offside anyway and not being tall enough to control the kuszczak long balls that go over his head.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
eh? are you kidding? I dont care how we win, as long as we win...Otherwise you may as well just give up!

this
possession has been 53/47 in the Albion favour + if we lose how the hell can the Barnes detractors find someone else to blame for the defeat to much time spent kicking someone in the teeth now its Barnes tomorrow, next week who will it be.
FFS why support a team then pull them to pieces first chance you get
we are in the championship
9th
its not the end of the world

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yes, because you don't just sack your manager each time your in bad form. Reading were in dire form this time last season - wonder what happened to them....

Yeah they signed a Premier League quality targetman :lolol:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Absolutely awful. No cohesion, no support from midfield for the attacking play. For a supposed passing side who like play they are definately NOT playing at all. Dreadful.

The level of passing has gone back to what we were seeing in League 1

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton

So how then? How is Gus going to improve things?

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Just knew we had softened up Leicester by giving them a really difficult game.

As for the match today, our midfielders cannot seem to hold on to the ball, cannot even seem to face their goal. Macca seems to have the better of Baptiste or Angel in the air, but cannot beat him on the floor. Opposite of what I would have expected. Is Barnes playing further forward than normal which may explain why they have the advantage in midfield. But they are not dominating as they are too quick and hurried getting forward.

I think Blackpool are beatable. I think I would like to see Buckley move over to the right when Dobbie replaces Barnes, and Orlandi replaces Crofts. As the game goes on I think we are getting better.

But the fact we have not had a sniff let alone a half chance and they have had about four quarter chances.

Is that the same as less poorly ?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
come on you super seagulls

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Sorry but, for me this looks like a team that is heading downwards. If we manage to even draw this I would be delighted and surprised!

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
We aren't, more encouraging though and I think we could actually score. Of course ill probably be flamed for saying we weren't shit, which is the truth. If we were so shit, we would be 3-0 down - which the anti-gus brigade would love.

Some people really do not see facts do they? This is the second season of this turgid football, and when us realists point that out we are branded "moaners".

Something needs to be done. Bloom needs to give Gus the money he needs for a quality striker, or needs to sack him and get someone who plays pragmatic football.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Yes. We have had longer and worse performance runs than this he has turned around.

Pity Lua Lua isn't on the bench, he could have had a go at those 2 with a yellow card.

Would he though? His last few appearances he has seemed reluctant to use his pace.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here