Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blackpool Opinion on the Stadium

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
They give it the thumbs up and considering they were in the Prem last year I think their opinions speak volumes!

http://fansonline.net/blackpool/mb/view.php?id=850417

"Really liked the ground. Thought atmosphere was good, plenty legroom in the padded seats and enjoyed some proper real ale in the ground."

"I thought it was superb. Leg room was fantastic with all padded seats. Concourse is a good size and it looks brilliant on the A-road approaching it. Definitely go again."

"Good, it's got enough character to avoid being labelled a 'bowl'."

"Good acoustics; they made a lot of noise at times."

"Better view from behind the goal than at the most of the Prem grounds I was able to get to last year. Think there needs to be work done on the arrangements for getting there by train -particularly coming from Brighton Station where no-one seemed to have a clue. They handled it well coming away from the ground though. "

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
On another thread

"Beer was pretty good; pies were crap"

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I have seen a few away fans now say that it is more impressive on the outside than the inside. I think they will change their minds once the second tier goes in the East and the corners are filled in. It still feels a little incomplete at the moment.

Had my first Amex pie yesterday ( steak & ale ) And it was by far and away the best pie I've ever had at a football ground.

Same as mate, although the only slight, and i stress this is very much only slight, issue was too much herbs on the top, repeated on me for hours.

I rectified this with copious amounts of Harveys.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I do not like Harveys at the best of times but to see it being served in West Stand Lower yesterday was a sight to be scorned by beer drinkers it was a flat as a pancake and had about as much life as a squashed fox on the road.

Really? Is your opinion biased by your publican experience because to us mere peasants and pissheads it tasted mighty fine..ha ha

I do not like Harveys at the best of times but to see it being served in West Stand Lower yesterday was a sight to be scorned by beer drinkers it was a flat as a pancake and had about as much life as a squashed fox on the road.

It's a football ground though not a beer festival. I'm not a coniseur by any stretch of the imagination but it tasted good enough for me to have about 6 pints of the stuff during the day.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As I said it looked awful when the girl grabbed one of the prepoured pints with a lid on. From Harveys point of view it does not do their reputation any good if it looks so bad, unfortunately I do not know the answer other than to serve it with gas assistance, which happens in a lot of pubs but is looked down on by CAMRA.

As I said it looked awful when the girl grabbed one of the prepoured pints with a lid on. From Harveys point of view it does not do their reputation any good if it looks so bad, unfortunately I do not know the answer other than to serve it with gas assistance, which happens in a lot of pubs but is looked down on by CAMRA.

Who or what is CAMRA?

Sonic

Spiky little bugger!
Jul 6, 2003
Patcham

You want fizzy Harveys??? All the pints I've had there have been fine.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
the blackpool fans outside the ground after were really nice as well. it was good, considering at gills, one of our own fans said to a bobby in a posh voice 'look at you standing here doing nothing, i might as well be having fun in london' as well as a few toff-like snarks.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Haveys was great, I'm still feeling it!!!! I think it's great, they serve it with a lid on, carrying three pints back to your mates in that crowd isn't easy, better with the lid tho. I love that the Amex has real ale. Fantastic!!!!

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside

Well it probably won't win any awards from the beardy twats at CAMRA, but this alcoholic roadkill seems to be going down rather well with us footballing plebs on matchday. Maybe you should offer the club the wisdom of your experience & get them to serve a pint that lives up to your lofty expectations? I've no doubt that they'll be absolutely thrilled to finally have you on board...

Haveys was great, I'm still feeling it!!!! I think it's great, they serve it with a lid on, carrying three pints back to your mates in that crowd isn't easy, better with the lid tho. I love that the Amex has real ale. Fantastic!!!!

The only thing wrong with the Hrveys is it makes my house smell of broken drains the day after, the wife is not impressed.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
From the East Stand the ground looks great when full - maybe it's different from the South. Even the corners don't look odd or unfinished, though it's going to be even better when they're filled in.

The holes in the back of the South do still look weird though.

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
"Think there needs to be work done on the arrangements for getting there by train -particularly coming from Brighton Station where no-one seemed to have a clue. They handled it well coming away from the ground though. "

Southern trains need to just put a board up directing fans at Brighton station the other slightly worrying point is fans mixing after game either at the Falmer station or in the coach park so far we have not played the likes of WHU, Leeds or Palarse we are in the West Stand and need to get a coach by 1730 so leave soon after the final whistle and walk right past the away fans to the steps that lead up to the coach park this whole area had 1 police officer

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here