Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blackpool Chairman Karl Oyston Resigns

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I agree with his stance over wages. Blackpool will almost certainly finish last in the league. Why not reward last years team with better contracts (relegation clause obviously added) and use the money to improve the infrastructure at the club. The parachute payments should ensure they remain a competitive Championship team. Shame he baled, I find his approach quite refreshing.

tube train

Sep 10, 2009
I agree with his stance over wages. Blackpool will almost certainly finish last in the league. Why not reward last years team with better contracts (relegation clause obviously added) and use the money to improve the infrastructure at the club. The parachute payments should ensure they remain a competitive Championship team. Shame he baled, I find his approach quite refreshing.

Totally agree, saw somewhere most championship players are on more then 10k a week!! madness

this guy wanted to do things the right way

"I expected the way people behaved to be different and I have been very disappointed in the way some agents have conducted themselves," he told the Independent newspaper.

"The more I talk to other Premier League clubs the more I realise I am a lone voice."

reckon they will spend about 10 million in the next few weeks...and do what portsmouth and hull etc have done...

i will say it again.. i think that teams that buy there way in to trouble should be kicked out the league. the blue square wont accept teams in a finance mess why should other leagues? what happened to building a squad? instead of buying anyone you want with new money

Last edited:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It'll will be brushed under the carpet. It is already a sub-heading on the BBC site with the Milner transfer dominating proceedings.

Both articles should go hand-in-hand as to what is wrong with top flight football and football as a whole.

tube train

Sep 10, 2009
And now Blackpool agree a fee with Bournemouth for Brett Pitman.. obviously more then the 400k the old chairman offered

i reckon its more about 750k now

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Funny old game. Paper runs a much-derided story saying Ollie has threatened to quit over transfer policy. He categorically denies it. They sign Harewood the next day, and now the chairman has resigned.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
What? I'm pretty sure you rape girls of any age...

WHAT!? Not me sailor, despite what some might have told you.

I didn't explain it very well. I was being very dense from the outset. I was assuming 'statutory rape' was the 'charge in question' and then got confused with the ages.

To be fair, I have had a long day and a long bottle of wine :facepalm:

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Whats going on with their Latvian president Belikon? He's certainly got lots ofmoney but he's keeping very quiet this year...could he be in the background engineering a takeover? (only has 20% shares I believe)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
So how is he a "fit and proper" person to own a football club?! Mind you, of Thaksin can own one.....

:shrug:
I suppose in the eyes of the 'fit & proper' board, he served his time (although he still protests his innocence). I gather he was involved in running some kind of modelling agency, so he probably had a procession of impressionable, desperate young girls he could impale on his broadsword in return for "opening a few doors".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here