Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bitter Peterborough match report / How others see us (merged)

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
Wow, how blinkered, after beating ipswich by a rugby score they think they are manchester united.

:albion2::albion2:

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
When will people learn that when a keeper puts the ball down at his feet in open play, he can take as long as he likes over it?!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Pretty spot on match report. CMS was a shadow of the player he's been in every other game I've seen. I thought the scorline was flattering and that Peterborough looked a more threatening side on the day than Blackpool, they just couldn't finish. I'd have been a bit gutted if I was a Peterborough fan tbh, but I'm not and we are top of the league so who gives a shit :thumbsup:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Didn't that paper also write a really bitter review after we dicked them at london road last season?

Indeed they did. The writer moaned incessantly during the match about Calderon "diving", and wasn't convinced when he came out afterwards with his foot in bandages after having stitches. One-eyed isn't in it ...

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Indeed they did. The writer moaned incessantly during the match about Calderon "diving", and wasn't convinced when he came out afterwards with his foot in bandages after having stitches. One-eyed isn't in it ...

From the WSL that late challenge by Calde looked a bookable offence to me he launched himself in very high with both knees as far as I could see :shrug:

Calde dive? Well he does doesn't he, the fact he got injured doesn't mean he didn't (I must confess I don't remember but he did really wind up the Posh fans at London Road last season big time)

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Hasn't that shitrag been mardy with us since the away game last season?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
In the same way that I wish only destruction and successive demotions on Norwich City for taking our best player (x2) the Posh probably feel the same way about us and CMS. At least they got decent money for him, unlike with Bennett and Crofts.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Inaccurate too, Calderon was booked for use of an elbow when jumping not for a nasty waist-high assault on Alcock. I thought they both fell because of a clash of heads at first until my neighbour pointed out that Calde had used his elbow.

Feb 28, 2006
Eastleigh
"Mackail-Smith looks half the player he did when he played for posh" "but then Brighton spend so much time travelling backwards and wasting time one suspects boredom will soon set in for the most hyper-active creation since Looney Tunes first aired Road Runner" "the odd-looking Amex Stadium"

Well, bitter is not the word really, what a sack of shit!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
When will people learn that when a keeper puts the ball down at his feet in open play, he can take as long as he likes over it?!

Around about the same time people who say that(^) realise, sometimes people are referring to his goal kicks? He always pushes it with them (and has been booked for it in the past), it is harder without the multi-ball system, but he still tries. On saturday in the first half he placed the ball on the right, stepped back for his run up, waved the players around, stuttered as if he would run, then walked to and picked up the ball and ran over to the left side to take it.

Sometimes it's the falling on the ball. There was one moment on saturday when he caught the ball, then snaked his way around all the players around him just so he could fall down.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Around about the same time people who say that(^) realise, sometimes people are referring to his goal kicks? He always pushes it with them (and has been booked for it in the past), it is harder without the multi-ball system, but he still tries. On saturday in the first half he placed the ball on the right, stepped back for his run up, waved the players around, stuttered as if he would run, then walked to and picked up the ball and ran over to the left side to take it.

Sometimes it's the falling on the ball. There was one moment on saturday when he caught the ball, then snaked his way around all the players around him just so he could fall down.

I appreciate that, but I only noticed that one time in front of the north stand that you mention on Saturday, thought he was quite well behaved apart from that. I did however notice 2 times when their fans got quite angry has he waited with the ball at his feet in open play.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Pretty spot on match report. CMS was a shadow of the player he's been in every other game I've seen.
I thought it wasn't too far off until near the end when he says "Ward and one assistant referee in particular were quick to punish the slightest of contacts in Brighton’s favour, but were happy to see Rowe and Ryan Tunnicliffe bundled over in the area." So he thinks posh should have been given two penalties, and you agree? I only remember one of those incidents, and it was no penalty. And yes, it was CMS's worst game for us, but the reporter suggesting "Brighton spend so much time travelling backwards and wasting time one suspects boredom will soon set in" is just pathetic bitter nonsense.
I thought the scorline was flattering and that Peterborough looked a more threatening side on the day than Blackpool, they just couldn't finish. I'd have been a bit gutted if I was a Peterborough fan tbh
Yes it was flattering, Posh looked good on the ball, but that's one area I agree with the report - "a Posh side tipped by most to fall straight back down to League One were just a finisher (probably the one playing for the opposition) away from getting something" - "as soon as any Posh player reached the Brighton penalty area danger was snuffed out by excellent organisation and sheer numbers".

Yes they were just a finisher short - but that's a rather significant shortcoming, and why strikers go for big bucks.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I thought it wasn't too far off until near the end when he says "Ward and one assistant referee in particular were quick to punish the slightest of contacts in Brighton's favour, but were happy to see Rowe and Ryan Tunnicliffe bundled over in the area."

I thought Ward was quite lenient with shoulder to shoulder challenges, but challenges from the front or back were picked up for both teams. The way I saw the one penalty incident I can remember, it was a shoulder to shoulder, and more out-muscling than barging so no pen.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I thought it wasn't too far off until near the end when he says "Ward and one assistant referee in particular were quick to punish the slightest of contacts in Brighton’s favour, but were happy to see Rowe and Ryan Tunnicliffe bundled over in the area." So he thinks posh should have been given two penalties, and you agree? I only remember one of those incidents, and it was no penalty. And yes, it was CMS's worst game for us, but the reporter suggesting "Brighton spend so much time travelling backwards and wasting time one suspects boredom will soon set in" is just pathetic bitter nonsense.
Yes it was flattering, Posh looked good on the ball, but that's one area I agree with the report - "a Posh side tipped by most to fall straight back down to League One were just a finisher (probably the one playing for the opposition) away from getting something" - "as soon as any Posh player reached the Brighton penalty area danger was snuffed out by excellent organisation and sheer numbers".

Yes they were just a finisher short - but that's a rather significant shortcoming, and why strikers go for big bucks.

I was trying not to be too precious and look at it from a Peterborough perspective, yes of course some of the comments are bad loserish but the basic match report is quite good imo.

You make a good point re strikers though, we have suffered for many a year because we couldn't afford decent finishers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here