Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bit controversial does it really matter if we go down?

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I cannot think of a single circumstance that would make me change my opinion of thinking relegation would be horrendous for club.

What about if we're in League 2 and the finances of the club goes tits up and we go into administration ?
10 point deduction and hello Blue Square and still some idiots parrot that relegation is a good thing.
Have to agree with you that if we are relegated it will be absolutely horrendous in many ways for the club on and off the pitch.

jrmeag1

Sep 22, 2008
Now lets be honest with ourselves, i have not missed a home game this year, and in my opinion this is the worst season in my memory of watching the Albion ( 30 years by the way Earnie ). We have been served up boring football, we have had no direction on or off the pitch, a few lucky wins on the way, a ruderless team, chopping and changing of players, yes due to un-lucky injuries, but i would never stop going, i love the Albion and so does my 9year old son, and fingers crossed we will get away with going down.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
Wake up and smell the coffee, Dick Tight and co couldn't run a bath let alone a football team and the facts can't be denied.
Football is all about now not what happened 5 or 9 years ago and we are now exactly where we were in 1997 , homeless and in the bottom division (or about to be).
What a great job Dick Tight and the poodles have done, of course I predicted this would happen back in 1997.

Football is indeed about now. It was you who is trying to comapre now to then. It's easy to say "we are now exactly where we were in 1997 , homeless and in the bottom division (or about to be)" thats a very general view the specifics are totally differant. Falmer IS on its way there clearly IS money and we have some decent players who IF they leave would make us money to build a decent team for next season. Plus we dont have Jimmy Case managing us we have Russell Slade who IS a good manager and WILL get better. I agree with Sully though until the heffer sings we should stay positive about staying up.

Mar 10, 2006
Don't fall in to the trap of thinking that if we go down we will come straight back up next season - it aint that simple I'm atraid. Secondly look at the 'local' teams that we could be playing next season : Charlton, Southampton, Milwall, Orient, Brentford and Gillingham whereas in League 2 we could be left with Aldershot and Barnet. As far as crowds go it is those in the first part of the list that will bring more away fans to Withdean and as well as the financial aspect it is far better to have your team playing at as higher level as possible

I'm realloy glad that you can see into the future. When we went down to League 2 then did we know that the whoel thing was going to fall apart like it did?
Yes, at the time we all knew that the club was going to die if that regime was left in control

Can you predict what's going to come in this economic crisis?
No. Except that it will end sometime in the future.
Can we be sure that as a League 2 club Falmer won't go tits up?
No. But then we can't be sure it won't go tits up if we were in the Premier League
Can we be sure that the Blooms can keep us afloat or if they can't someone will come in and save us.
No - that all may depend on the turn of a card in a Poker game.

But then I don't KNOW if I'm going to wake up tomorrow morning!

The fact is i dont want to sit on a cold tuesday night watching Grimsby v brighton with gates of 3000 or 4000. You see how shit JPT games are at the Withdean, every dreary game will be just the same.

Financially no matter what people say we will be worse off and players will leave, Glenn Murray for example is championship standard not league 2 rubbish. It would be disastrous to go down for all aspects of the club and even if we do bounce back up we will still be a struggling side going into Falmer anyway.

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
Ernest is dead right,if we go down attendances will fall and the affect on our board who have shown clearly over the past three seasons that they are very short of cash could well lead to Administration.
The board have now revealed that they were looking to tie up a College arrangement to make Falmer possible,this now appears to be a no hoper so Withdean will fit the bill for either Div1 or 2.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here