Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bit controversial does it really matter if we go down?

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
What about another relegation ? Surely a season in the conference will be much better for the club or even the Blue Sq South, plenty of local derbies there.
There are some absolute fuckwits about these days and anyone who suggests going down is good and we will bounce straight back up is one of them.
I know most people on here only jumped on the bandwagon a couple of seasons ago but some of us were here when we were relegated in 1996 and we didn't bounce back then did we ? We spent the next 2 seasons in the bottom 2 which would be enough to boot us out the league these days.

I dont think anyone is seriously suggesting it would be good just trying to be positive as we are likely to go down. Also your an idiot if you think we would drop into the conference.

And 96 was a totally differant time with the club in a total mess with no money or anything so its ridiculous to compare then to now.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Also your an idiot if you think we would drop into the conference.

And 96 was a totally differant time with the club in a total mess with no money or anything so its ridiculous to compare then to now.

What?

The club are horrendously in debt relying on the directors to fund the club, we have a whole host of loanees and a manager who is contracted until the end of the season, and players like Murray, Davis, Jarrett who I would have thought have relegation clauses.

Talk to Exeter fans, Torquay fans, Oxford fans, Wrexam fans, York fans, Halifax fans....these all believed they had the abil;ity and funding to remain in the FL and they dropped out.

Ernest is 100% right and to call him an idiot says more about you that him

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Ernest is right on this. Relegation is not the end of the world but it's pretty damn disastrous. It's pretty guranteed that the guts of the team will be ripped out which emans we have no idea who will be playing for te team OR who will be managing us... almost certainly not Slade or anyone with any profile. I think there is a realistic chance that if we go down we could still be in League 2 coıme Falmer....

Looking on the bright side is defeatism... I want us not to be accepting I want us AND THE TEAM to be angry.... so angry that we DON'T go down!

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I dont think anyone is seriously suggesting it would be good just trying to be positive as we are likely to go down. Also your an idiot if you think we would drop into the conference.

I'm realloy glad that you can see into the future. When we went down to League 2 then did we know that the whoel thing was going to fall apart like it did?
Can you predict what's going to come in this economic crisis? Can we be sure that as a League 2 club Falmer won't go tits up? Can we be sure that the Blooms can keep us afloat or if they can't someone will come in and save us. If you are so sure sure wish I could look at your tea leaves.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Dont forget Hull were playing in League 2 at Boothferry Park in front of 4000 , moving to the KC brought the crowds back and they have climbed up the league ladder.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
I love these gimps who think we will get relegated and then come waltzing back up the following season, so the other 23 teams in League 2 next season are simply going to roll over and let us win ?

Resorting to name calling very bright! I am not saying it will be easy but this is a different time and the club is vastly different from the one that went down over a decade ago. Try being positive for once you may like it, we will have to go through quite a change IF we go down but I have faith in the club to get us to were we want to be eventually (in the next few years). Coming on a message board (that is design so we can all give our opinions and thoughts) and being totally negative does not help anyone. I will expect an apology when Russell Slades Blue and White Army march back into league one after gaining promotion at the first attempt! :thumbsup:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Staying up guarantees selling out the Hove end to away supporters for 4 games at Withdean (3600 away fans) , if we get relegated we will struggle just to get those numbers for the whole season.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Dont forget Hull were playing in League 2 at Boothferry Park in front of 4000 , moving to the KC brought the crowds back and they have climbed up the league ladder.

Hull were funded when the council sold Kingston Communications for many millions....but yes you are right. Of course the flip side is Oxford

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Resorting to name calling very bright! I am not saying it will be easy but this is a different time and the club is vastly different from the one that went down over a decade ago. Try being positive for once you may like it, we will have to go through quite a change IF we go down but I have faith in the club to get us to were we want to be eventually (in the next few years). Coming on a message board (that is design so we can all give our opinions and thoughts) and being totally negative does not help anyone. I will expect an apology when Russell Slades Blue and White Army march back into league one after gaining promotion at the first attempt! :thumbsup:

If we are going to be positive... let's be positive about STAYING UP! If anyone is being pessimistic its you. Its not over until the fat lady sings and although she is testing her vocal chords she hasn't broken into song yet.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
If we are going to be positive... let's be positive about STAYING UP! If anyone is being pessimistic its you. Its not over until the fat lady sings and although she is testing her vocal chords she hasn't broken into song yet.

Be positive? Sorry Grant but how can you say that sitting in Turkey drinking Raki? I seen the shit dished up this season and it has all the hallmarks of relegation.Adams should have been fired at christmas to give the new manager a fighting chance.Sorry but results and stats don't lie.I put us as bankers for the drop now.

Last edited:

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Still 2 years before we take over Falmer, one year in League 2 2009-2010, back up as Champions, one year in League one 2010-2011, promoted to Championship for 2011-2012. Yes crowds will be lower possibly for one year, big deal.

It would be a disaster if we went down. We will lose players such as Nicky Forster, Glenn Murray. We'll be left with a side mixed with youth and only about two recognised faces in Whing and Cox. Crowds would drop heavily and that would mean financially we would be in a total mess. It won't be easy going straight back up, because we'll need a Zamora type esque to even consider Automatic Promotion.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

Wake up and smell the coffee, Dick Tight and co couldn't run a bath let alone a football team and the facts can't be denied.
Football is all about now not what happened 5 or 9 years ago and we are now exactly where we were in 1997 , homeless and in the bottom division (or about to be).
What a great job Dick Tight and the poodles have done, of course I predicted this would happen back in 1997.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
As others have said it wouldn't be a TOTAL disaster; we've been relegated before and our world kept turning. Also sometimes a relegation can be good, sometimes you need to drop down a level in order to clear out all the dead wood and rebuild - although I should stress that does NOT apply to us as I feel we have the makings of a decent third division side.

Consequently I can't see any benefits or silver linings to us getting relegated and I sincerely hope the club haven't given up the ghost like some on here appear to have done. With Charlton and maybe Southampton and/or Norwich coming down next year's League One could be really good and I really want us to be a part of it. Looking enviously at the League One fixtures whilst 'anticipating' the visits of Accrington and Morecambe will not be an enjoyable experience.

Finally anybody who thinks we'll piss League Two is ..... well, let's just say they were also probably the people who were pleased when Wilkins was sacked and Adams appointed.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Be positive? Sorry Grant but how can you say that sitting in Turkey drinking Raki? I seen the shit dished up this season and it has all the hallmarks of relegation.Adams should have been fired at christmas to give the new manager a fighting chance.Sorry but results and stats don't lie.I put us as bankers for the drop now.

Too true mate.... but I'm not giving up... Slade's had only one game in reality and stranger things have happened.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Isn't the point of entering a league to finish as high as possible?

Relegation is bad news in every way.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
There is the issue in the bottom division that you can only spend 60% of your turnover on wages, with our squad, that will be an issue.

Shouldn't be too bad. It's written into the players contracts that their wages are reduced if we go down. You can also find a number of ways to get around this rule, such as giving the players bonus's etc.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I cannot think of a single circumstance that would make me change my opinion of thinking relegation would be horrendous for club.

Boris Yeltsin

MR PRESIDENT to you, mate
Feb 13, 2008
Moscow
One bad season, a la Grimsby or Barnet, would leave us looking over our shoulder at the bottom.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here