Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bissuoma

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Perfectly happy for the top 6 to make shit offers for him.

I want to see him in his pomp at the Amex.

Precisely. We don’t need to sell anyone. If we do sell, it will be because someone makes us an offer we can’t refuse AND we consider we can afford to lose them.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
He'll have a choice, won't he. Neither of which might match what you think we should be getting. It doesn't work like that.

What you’re saying isn’t just completely void of logic, it also goes against what we’ve already seen from Bloom.

It’s quite frankly hilarious that you have the gall to say ‘it doesn’t work like that’ when you appear to be saying we have to sell players for less than they are potentially worth until we’ve built up some kind of reputation for selling players. If anything selling players for bids massively below their worth would make it harder to demand genuinely big fees further down the line. Why would Liverpool let us hardball them for Bissouma if we’ve just let Ben White go for way lower than his market value? It makes literally 0 sense.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
So we’d roll over with Biss, after turning down a very generous offer for Ben White?

GT will surely back down now. His crazy argument has been demolished!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He's special and I mean, Special. The time he gives himself, he turns but at a special speed that only truly top players have, almost in slow motion, I've never witnessed it in a Brighton player. This is normally in a close situation. Just enjoy him while we can.

There was one moment last night where he dispossessed a Spurs player, lost the ball to him but then won it back a second time and then started a move. He did this in a previous game as well. Brilliant and highly amusing to watch.

OvingdeanSeagull

Jul 8, 2012
Ovingdean
They are Brentford. We are not. We haven't got to that place yet.

Give me an example of where this hasn't been the case then. 'Brighton sell a player for £30 - £40 - £50M' headlines ............ no, I haven't seen them either. Our ceiling is about £10M - breaking through that is a big ask. It won't happen just because NSC thinks it should.

There is not a chance you're not trolling, I simply won't believe it.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
There was one moment last night where he dispossessed a Spurs player, lost the ball to him but then won it back a second time and then started a move. He did this in a previous game as well. Brilliant and highly amusing to watch.

He loves to rub salt in the gapping wound

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Like a Premier League Bridcutt. The amount of times he breaks up play is amazing. Doing for us what Kante did for Leicester and given he went for £32 million 5 years ago, bidding has to start at £40 million.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
They probably would - if we were Southampton or Leicester, for example. Because we're little old Brighton, who've never sold anyone for more than about £10M, the offers will be far lower - probably around what Leeds were prepared to go to for White. That is the barrier we still have to break through to become a established PL team, especially if we want to become a more or less self-sufficient PL team.
To the rest of the football world, we are Lidl or Iceland; it'll require a lot of work - and time - until we are Harrod's, selling for top dollar prices.
You're miles out of date. Nobody* in the game looks at us as "little old Brighton". If they did, we'd have been ransacked of our best players dozens of times since the Amex was built. Instead, we've sold just one player to an upwards move in that time - Ulloa to Leicester, and he wasn't cheap by the standards of the time. When we eventually sell Bissouma and White, they will go for enormous sums unless we've been relegated.

*Some opposing fans do of course, but even that evolves over time.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
They probably would - if we were Southampton or Leicester, for example. Because we're little old Brighton, who've never sold anyone for more than about £10M, the offers will be far lower - probably around what Leeds were prepared to go to for White. That is the barrier we still have to break through to become a established PL team, especially if we want to become a more or less self-sufficient PL team.
To the rest of the football world, we are Lidl or Iceland; it'll require a lot of work - and time - until we are Harrod's, selling for top dollar prices.
Lidl ol' Brighton:albion2:. We'll just have to keep refusing the low offers until the other teams learn.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
I can't see Bissouma wanting to play any where else to be honest.
I get the feeling all the players feel like they are at a club that is going places and I believe Bissouma is the kind of guy that would like to be a part of that.
I think there is a genuine appreciation of potter and how the club is run here.

LOL

Nothing a 10% signing on fee and a 100-200% pay rise can't sort out.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
"We’ve not ‘lost’ anyone we don’t want to in years" ..... no, because nobody's matched our asking price.

Ben White... not sure of any others where it’s been public of offers? Since prem years? I can’t think of any personally. A lot of your theory is guess work tbh & I think of a Man City or Utd came in for Biss or Lamptey and we’re serious, they’d be paying an awful lot of money. Tony’s not stupid and knows how to play the game...

SCassidy

Dec 2, 2020
So much for our sustainability model then. Still, at least it's Uncle Tony's money and not yours, eh?

As long as it's fine by you ....................

Selling players for less than they're worth isn't smart or sustainable, so I doubt it'd be fine by Tony either.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Tony's stated target is to become a top10 club.
Assuming we stay up, next season will need us to be looking up the table not down.
Potter will be expected to be making progress, with a squad of highly rated Premier League players.

We won't get there by selling players like Bissouma, White and MacAllister.
If Man City/or United offer £60m and are guaranteeing first team football, we probably wouldn't stand in his way..
But he won't be going anywhere for £30-£40m IMO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here