Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bissuoma

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Bissouma has gradually demonstrated the class that the club clearly saw him in. Awesome talent.

Which makes it super satisfying to see Mac Allister starting to shine. Different type of player but a similar journey.

These are exciting times.

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
Fantastic player and of course lots of Premier clubs will want him, but they also know that Uncle Tony won't sell him cheaply.

Invaluable to the Albion, but if clubs want to buy him he is likely to be valued at £40m - £50m depending on sell-on clauses etc, that may put most off buying him which is great for us fans.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Yes, and the model fails if other clubs won't pay the price, and we either have to accept Lidl/Iceland price - or no price at all. And very little return on the likes of Molumby, Jenks, Sanders, Alzate, et al because they don't get a chance in the first team to increase their vlue because they're blocked by players we won't sell because we think we're Billy Big-Bollocks in thhe transfer market when we're not.
We have a lot of work to do to get up to getting Maguire like prices for our players - it won't happen just because we think we should.

Southampton, for example - Walcott, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Van Dyck ...... us - Ulloa, Knocky (and yes, I'll agree we turned Fulham over on that one) - but that's still a lot of ground to make up to reach that level of credibility when it comes to selling on young players.

The Maguire fee was BONKERS - Leicester had Utd over a barrel with their pants round their ankles when they stiffed them for £80-odd mill for that one.

BIssouma's starting price should be £45m+, along with a maHOOsive sell-on. Anything less than that should be laughed down the phone at.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
I can't see Bissouma wanting to play any where else to be honest.
I get the feeling all the players feel like they are at a club that is going places and I believe Bissouma is the kind of guy that would like to be a part of that.
I think there is a genuine appreciation of potter and how the club is run here.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Yes, and the model fails if other clubs won't pay the price, and we either have to accept Lidl/Iceland price - or no price at all. And very little return on the likes of Molumby, Jenks, Sanders, Alzate, et al because they don't get a chance in the first team to increase their vlue because they're blocked by players we won't sell because we think we're Billy Big-Bollocks in thhe transfer market when we're not.
We have a lot of work to do to get up to getting Maguire like prices for our players - it won't happen just because we think we should.

Southampton, for example - Walcott, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Van Dyck ...... us - Ulloa, Knocky (and yes, I'll agree we turned Fulham over on that one) - but that's still a lot of ground to make up to reach that level of credibility when it comes to selling on young players.

Do you really expect Bloom to just accept any old bid for Bissouma because we haven’t got a history of selling players for big fees?

Thank f*ck the people at the club don’t follow the same stupid/perplexing logic.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Disagree. And every club has better players keeping youth players out :shrug:

I think you underestimate our transfer dealings as we’ve not ‘lost’ anyone we don’t want to in years... if there’s an offer we can’t stand in the way of and the player wants to go, it’ll be huge if it’s Biss or Lamptey etc.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
They probably would - if we were Southampton or Leicester, for example. Because we're little old Brighton, who've never sold anyone for more than about £10M, the offers will be far lower - probably around what Leeds were prepared to go to for White. That is the barrier we still have to break through to become a established PL team, especially if we want to become a more or less self-sufficient PL team.
To the rest of the football world, we are Lidl or Iceland; it'll require a lot of work - and time - until we are Harrod's, selling for top dollar prices.

This is a very strange way of thinking.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

What are you going on about ??? Brentford sold Watkins and the other fella to West Ham for £30m each :shrug:

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
If the top 6 go into a dutch auction anything could happen, he is young and what an investment for future seasons if he can stay injury free.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Do you really expect Bloom to just accept any old bid for Bissouma because we haven’t got a history of selling players for big fees?

Thank f*ck the people at the club don’t follow the same stupid/perplexing logic.

He'll have a choice, won't he. Neither of which might match what you think we should be getting. It doesn't work like that.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Disagree. And every club has better players keeping youth players out :shrug:

I think you underestimate our transfer dealings as we’ve not ‘lost’ anyone we don’t want to in years... if there’s an offer we can’t stand in the way of and the player wants to go, it’ll be huge if it’s Biss or Lamptey etc.
"We’ve not ‘lost’ anyone we don’t want to in years" ..... no, because nobody's matched our asking price.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
This is a very strange way of thinking.

Give me an example of where this hasn't been the case then. 'Brighton sell a player for £30 - £40 - £50M' headlines ............ no, I haven't seen them either. Our ceiling is about £10M - breaking through that is a big ask. It won't happen just because NSC thinks it should.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Give me an example of where this hasn't been the case then. 'Brighton sell a player for £30 - £40 - £50M' headlines ............ no, I haven't seen them either. Our ceiling is about £10M - breaking through that is a big ask. It won't happen just because NSC thinks it should.

This isn't the first thread where you seem desperare to sell our players.... Its very strange

golddene

Jul 28, 2012

Don't want to bust into any arguments here GT but maybe it's because we have never had players who could command fee's of that caliber before, Just goes to show how far our recruitment team has come and how much we should all appreciate the business acumen of the guy's at the top of our club.
Seems we're not the little old Brighton any more but a great business model now, with perhaps people at the top who know exactly what they're doing.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Don't want to bust into any arguments here GT but maybe it's because we have never had players who could command fee's of that caliber before, Just goes to show how far our recruitment team has come and how much we should all appreciate the business acumen of the guy's at the top of our club.
Seems we're not the little old Brighton any more but a great business model now, with perhaps people at the top who know exactly what they're doing.
In your first sentence you've got it - we've never sold players for that sort of big money before (apart from Lawrenson to Liverpool almost 40 years ago) and that is exactly the point. In your subsequent sentences you haven't grasped the implications of your first sentence. The price isn't set by the seller, but by the buyer - and if the buyer thinks that shattering lil' ole' Brighton's transfer record (say about £20M) should be enough, that's what they'll pay - or move on to their next target - nowt to do with our/I] business acumen.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
They are Brentford. We are not. We haven't got to that place yet.
The point being they are a championship side and not a big one at that. Leeds offered £30m for a player that had hardly kicked a ball for us this should be an indicator your argument is floored.

We are no longer BHA playing at the Withdean looking for the next £100k to keep the club a float, buying quality from a PL side is going to be expensive. Rumours in Liverpool are they are going for White in the summer and expect to pay in the region of £40m.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
They probably would - if we were Southampton or Leicester, for example. Because we're little old Brighton, who've never sold anyone for more than about £10M, the offers will be far lower - probably around what Leeds were prepared to go to for White. That is the barrier we still have to break through to become a established PL team, especially if we want to become a more or less self-sufficient PL team.
To the rest of the football world, we are Lidl or Iceland; it'll require a lot of work - and time - until we are Harrod's, selling for top dollar prices.

Transfer fee wont be based on what Brighton did in the past but based on the quality of the player.

Before Saints and Leicester sold players for more than £30m the first time, they had not sold any players for £30m. If clubs want a top class player they have to pay top money whoever they buy him from.

Similar situation here. "Little old Brighton" didnt buy Bissouma for £16m just to develop him for three years and then sell him for £25m or whatever you think. With the money he has earned over these years, agent fees etc. this would probably mean Bissouma is a plus minus zero affair, which is just not happening when he's gone from a promising Ligue 1 player to a top level PL player. If you are talking sustainability, you should know that selling with 0 profit is not very sustainable.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Perfectly happy for the top 6 to make shit offers for him.

I want to see him in his pomp at the Amex.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here