Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bissouma (Gone to Spurs 17/06/2022)

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Players have bad games, and go in and out of form. Ask Lewis Dunk at the moment.
Ask Leandro Trossard. Or Sanchez etc. And nearly everyone in the squad has had to deal with contract discussions and interest from other clubs at times in their career. its a fairly normal thing.
But that jump from - they're not playing well - fair enough - to this sort of thread where based on , well what exactly - we know what the player is thinking, feeling and thus they aren't trying, are uninterested, are not a team player and have downed tools is quite the stretch.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
The fact we have stood by him, during his tribulations, should mean he owes us a certain amount of good faith and good will.
We have hardly held him back have we, ok he might have gone to Villa, but I think he could still go there, they are not going to win anything this year or get into Europe, I don't get the slump in form due to that.

I still can picture his face when he came back against Newcastle, and he was defending a corner, The Newcastle fans were singing "Pedo, Pedo" and pointing at him, he looked so lost, he kept looking at them, looking away, looking at them, with his mouth aghast.
In that moment I felt really sorry for him, he just looked broken, I told my daughter at the match, he will probably leave at the end of season, and if he is smart and wants to get away from those chants, he will have to move to Europe.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I took this photo on my phone at Vicarage Road, just after our second goal. For me, it tells you all you need to know about Bissouma's commitment to the club right now,View attachment 146537

I was behind the goal, higher-up for that game. Biss and Ali Mac came on after about an hour, and both were tremendous, Biss especially. He was also the best player against Spurs by some distance. Other performances have been below par.

He's been a great servant, and I certainly won't be joining in with giving him a hard time. If he goes to Villa or Newcastle on the other hand ...

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I was behind the goal, higher-up for that game. Biss and Ali Mac came on after about an hour, and both were tremendous, Biss especially. He was also the best player against Spurs by some distance. Other performances have been below par.

He's been a great servant, and I certainly won't be joining in with giving him a hard time. If he goes to Villa or Newcastle on the other hand ...
He will probably double his wages at castle or villa. Can't blame him if he does that.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
I took this photo on my phone at Vicarage Road, just after our second goal. For me, it tells you all you need to know about Bissouma's commitment to the club right now,

The oddest thing to me about that photo is that there are only Brighton players visible. 2/3rds of the pitch in view, and not a Watford player to be seen.

I believe that Biss has often just turned and walked back to the centre circle after a goal has been scored, by us or our opponents. I am genuinely baffled by some of the responses above.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Shame we cannot just drop him and let him wallow

15/08/2009 post on NSC:
Glenn Murray...wanker

Absolutely livid with Murray this afternoon. Best part of 2000 fans made the trip today and the support was top draw. why he felt it acceptable to not applaud the fans in his exit discusted me especially given the reception he got when he came on. Ten other players felt it was right to give the fans a clap so why not that arrogant prick. Hopefully slade has given him a bollocking. Get him out. People spend good money and don't deserve that. I for one spent a fortune today and it does make me angry when someone behaves like that.

A legend in later years.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
15/08/2009 post on NSC:
Glenn Murray...wanker

Absolutely livid with Murray this afternoon. Best part of 2000 fans made the trip today and the support was top draw. why he felt it acceptable to not applaud the fans in his exit discusted me especially given the reception he got when he came on. Ten other players felt it was right to give the fans a clap so why not that arrogant prick. Hopefully slade has given him a bollocking. Get him out. People spend good money and don't deserve that. I for one spent a fortune today and it does make me angry when someone behaves like that.

A legend in later years.

Ha. I remember that bleating. I' can't use words I want to because I'll get another infraction. I'll use this available thing instead:

:safeway::safeway:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
15/08/2009 post on NSC:
Glenn Murray...wanker

A legend in later years.

Bissouma could well be a legend but it will not be with us. We need to move on

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Bissouma could well be a legend but it will not be with us. We need to move on

Brilliant.

Where did he go and how much did we get for him?

And more importantly, where will we finish in the Championship?

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Go and watch the last minute equaliser by Welbeck against Chelsea and the different camera views.

One very clearly shows both Biss and Cucurella walking back to the centre circle after the goal - Cucu celebrating on his own far away from the other players and Biss walking back.

At the time I thought it was strange - a last minute winner and no celebration? This was before the transfer window so not about a move.

Then he scores against Spurs and the whole team celebrates with him, so it isn’t about team unity.

I don’t believe he has downed tools, and don’t believe that he doesn’t care. Mentally he has clearly had a lot to deal with in the last 6 months and I suspect it has affected him.

But let’s not forget how bloody good he has been for us, and not write him off while he is having struggles. Same applies to Pascal by the way… some of the vitriol about him in the last year has been pathetic.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Go and watch the last minute equaliser by Welbeck against Chelsea and the different camera views.

One very clearly shows both Biss and Cucurella walking back to the centre circle after the goal - Cucu celebrating on his own far away from the other players and Biss walking back.

At the time I thought it was strange - a last minute winner and no celebration? This was before the transfer window so not about a move.

Then he scores against Spurs and the whole team celebrates with him, so it isn’t about team unity.

I don’t believe he has downed tools, and don’t believe that he doesn’t care. Mentally he has clearly had a lot to deal with in the last 6 months and I suspect it has affected him.

But let’s not forget how bloody good he has been for us, and not write him off while he is having struggles. Same applies to Pascal by the way… some of the vitriol about him in the last year has been pathetic.

100% this.

The-Libertine

May 2, 2006

I agree with you about Bissouma's overall contribution. He has been fantastic. I don't agree with you about him not celebrating the goal at Chelsea - he was late on the scene (as was Cucurella), but they both did join in (our celebration was, understandably quite long). Here's a photo from the match. I did check the full highlights from the game on the Chelsea website and you can clearly see him several times in the group celebrating the goal (he even at one point tried to lift Welbeck up)! Personally, I also don't think he's deliberately not trying or anything - you are right he has had a lot to deal with. It's a shame.

IMG_2287.jpeg
IMG_3479.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Spiteful, clueless and, yes, wanky.

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
I agree with you about Bissouma's overall contribution. He has been fantastic. I don't agree with you about him not celebrating the goal at Chelsea - he was late on the scene (as was Cucurella), but they both did join in (our celebration was, understandably quite long). Here's a photo from the match. I did check the full highlights from the game on the Chelsea website and you can clearly see him several times in the group celebrating the goal (he even at one point tried to lift Welbeck up)! Personally, I also don't think he's deliberately not trying or anything - you are right he has had a lot to deal with. It's a shame.

View attachment 146555
View attachment 146556

I stand corrected on that - I did remember vividly everyone apart from those 2 running to Welbeck, but with those “see goal from every angle” videos, each angle is quite short so would have cut off before they both joined in possibly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here