Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Birmingham Away

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
these are on sale now, just got mine...

£25 plus £1 booking fee...good value I think!

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
For those driving to Brum please be aware that the A38 tunnels closed for 6 weeks from Friday won't open again until the 2nd of Sept. With this in mind I would not recommend trying to get into Birmingham City Centre by car, even on a Saturday. Only time will tell what this does to Birmingham's traffic but it is likely to grind it to a halt on a busy day.

If approaching Brum from the M6 (Spaghetti) the take the ring road exit off the Aston Expressway and go left at island follow ring road round find somewhere to park after you have gone past the BP petrol station (mind the speed cams on this road) next Island after the BP is Coventry Rd Ground is left and up the hill. If using the M40 head east on the M42 (towards airport) and come off at junction 6 go left along A45 Coventry Rd (towards Brum not Coventry :) )

Closure information site

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
Struggling to find train fare for under £40 from Brighton to Brum New Street. Tried both Southern and Trainline.com. Does anyone have any suggestions or discounts to hand?

With the student ticket for £15 how strict are they on producing student cards on gates etc? Could save a cheeky tenner!

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Struggling to find train fare for under £40 from Brighton to Brum New Street. Tried both Southern and Trainline.com. Does anyone have any suggestions or discounts to hand?

With the student ticket for £15 how strict are they on producing student cards on gates etc? Could save a cheeky tenner!

Got £36 from Virgin trains yesterday. Trains still reasonable at the moment.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country

I often travel between New Street and Brighton as I now live just outside Brum and they're usually pretty tight on virgin trains between New Street and Euston not too sure on London Midland though. Not so much between Brighton and London though.

BattFink

Jan 31, 2012
Buggers Hole
Cheapest I can find is £35.50 (travel card from bugger hole to london + open return from london->birmingham) , route is elligble for group saver as well by the looks of it

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
Cheapest I can find is £35.50 (travel card from bugger hole to london + open return from london->birmingham) , route is elligble for group saver as well by the looks of it

Thanks for the info, looks like I've left it slightly too late for the cheapo tickets!

With regards to the £15 ticket, I was referring to the Birmingham match ticket which is £10 cheaper than an adult ticket. Any idea how strict they are on this?

J2 BHA

NSC Patron
Jul 28, 2004
Not had mine yet either.

What with all the threads of late complaining about costs etc this game has worked out to be pretty low cost. Taking my 9 year old, got advance train tickets from Brighton to New Street (Virgin from Euston not the slow one) for £35 return and tickets were £30 (25 for me and a fiver for the boy). £65 for both of us to get to Brum and back and get into the football is a bargain!

Can't wait!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Anybody got their tickets through yet?

Don't think they will turn up in the post until the middle of next week , are you and Lucy on the 10.28 from Cleethorpes actually ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here