Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Birchall signs

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Win the occasional tackle? Yeah, maybe, in between the 30 minute periods of doing f*** all.

As for decent league one midfielders, well one thing is clear: We don't have ANY! Thornton was one though. As were O'Callaghan and Racon last year.

O'Callaghan was not decent, he just stood on the half way line and passed the ball side ways.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Are you sure you was watching the right player ???

He was'nt outstanding but what he done I thought he done well, He got stuck in a few times, made himself available and had a good range of passing. He does'nt look fully match fit yet but once he is I think he'll be a good player for us.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Well, he can play... and I'm pleased he has signed... just needs time to get match fit...

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
O'Callaghan was not decent, he just stood on the half way line and passed the ball side ways.

Exactly. Unbelievable how overrated O'Callaghan was by people on here.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Birchall signed and can partner Livermore in the middle of midfield, now we just need Robson-Kanu and Demontagnac down the wings to complete the dream midfield and supply the AMMO for Murray and Forster :clap2:

That would be IMMENSE! What happened about Ismael's trial at Charlton, is he still there or his he still sans club?

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
you all know vitgo will be central mid tomorrow so i wouldn't get too excited. it doesn't really matter much who we sign, adams has so clearly lost his touch he'll mismanage them anyway. why has the adams out stuff stopped on here? you seem to be forgetting his work over the first half of the season.

for what's its worth i think it could be a good signing. i just don't think a player like birchall will be utalised properly. correct me if i'm wrong but didn't he play central mid for port vale and T&T but on the right wing for cov under adams? well then what we have here is another one in the squad who mickey will play in the wrong position and made to look bad thanks to his boss.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
you all know vitgo will be central mid tomorrow so i wouldn't get too excited. it doesn't really matter much who we sign, adams has so clearly lost his touch he'll mismanage them anyway. why has the adams out stuff stopped on here? you seem to be forgetting his work over the first half of the season.

for what's its worth i think it could be a good signing. i just don't think a player like birchall will be utalised properly. correct me if i'm wrong but didn't he play central mid for port vale and T&T but on the right wing for cov under adams? well then what we have here is another one in the squad who mickey will play in the wrong position and made to look bad thanks to his boss.

Micky has hinted intodays paper that because we are so short of players for the Leeds game that "We have to slot people into positions they are perhaps not used to or as comfortable with"

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Micky has hinted intodays paper that because we are so short of players for the Leeds game that "We have to slot people into positions they are perhaps not used to or as comfortable with"

Is that not what has been happening all season anyway?

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Could be a useful addition, and wise move only giving him 6 months.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Win the occasional tackle? Yeah, maybe, in between the 30 minute periods of doing f*** all.

As for decent league one midfielders, well one thing is clear: We don't have ANY! Thornton was one though. As were O'Callaghan and Racon last year.

The sort of answer that I expected. Good players all three! BUT you actually have to win the ball and close down opponents as well. Players who do that are not doing f all are they?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
is he Black?

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Having watched him play for the reserves on Tuesday I think he'll be a good addition to the squad.
2nd that,had plenty of the ball and wanted it,and some great passing,lets hope he proves to be a good signing,good luck to him

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
2nd that,had plenty of the ball and wanted it,and some great passing,lets hope he proves to be a good signing,good luck to him

having watched the game too, he didnt impress me too much, but it was a heavy pitch and his second game in two days.

I reckon he could one of those players that you dont really notice playing, does a fair bit and you dont realise it until he is not playing

Shinbreath

Nov 1, 2008
Hove...
He was'nt outstanding but what he done I thought he done well, He got stuck in a few times, made himself available and had a good range of passing. He does'nt look fully match fit yet but once he is I think he'll be a good player for us.

I guess it is fair to say that you cannot judge a player just on one game..

I s'pose the facts are that he is an experienced player at both domestic and international level and MA knows him and what he is capable of doing.

And lets face it, (In no relation to Birchalls ability), we don't actually need and cannot afford outstanding players at the moment. Just players that can hold their own and not throw the game away to keep us in League 1.

If we can achieve that in this transfer window then I guess its job done for MA this season. (Not very ambitious I know, but for now thats all that is necessary..)

Brighton and Hove Albion 3 - Leeds United 2 :ascarf: :ascarf:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here