Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bioshock 2

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Any other computer game nerds enjoying this game as much as me?

Released on Tuesday it is the sequel to the popular original sci-fi classic set in the fictional 50's underwater city of Rapture.

I have to be honest, this game scares the living shit out of me but it's so atmospheric and moody that I can't wait to reach the end.

Well Grrrr

bioshock_06.jpg

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Looking forward to it, loved the first game, got to wait until March for my birthdat til the wife willl let me get it though :(

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
Awwww, I'll have finished it well before then.

I can't remember the last time I was frightened to play a computer game at home on my own.

It's so f***ing eerie it hurts

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof

I can't remember the last time I was frightened to play a computer game at home on my own.

:)

You played FEAR 2? or Silent Hill 3? They are my big 'creep-out' games, Bioshock was mostly more for the really nice background padding, some really nice stories, although I'm prepared to believe (having played System Shock 2) that Bioshock 2 ups things somewhat :)

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
Well it's not usually my genre of preference but I just find the atmosphere so vivid and frightening that I feel it's upped things to another level.

In terms of setting the scene and making you second guess everything it's right up there with the legendary Fallout 3.

I don't even like horror movies but I find this game totally captivating

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
will there be a demo? (for PC that is)

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
I should imagine there'll be a demo as there was for the first one. Keep checking online.

And I'm afraid Mr Hale I can't help you with episode one however I'd be happy to lend you Bioshock 2 in return for something you'd recommend for PS3, once I'm done with it. I reckon swapping games is the future (for as long as it's too hard to pirate them all anyway)

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Just finishing Bioshock 1 at the moment - can't wait to try v2.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

Its a brilliant game (suprisingly) but if you get scared by Bioshock im really not sure what to say, yes its got atmosphere but not really anything else, try something like dead space (mildly scary) fear or silent hill!

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
Well ok it isn't jump out of your seat scary but I do find the setting and the sound effects very eerie and considering I'm not really a horror fan I think it's well good

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
loved bioshock 1 wanna get this and mass effect 2. but still working my way through modern warfare 2 and uncharted at the moment.

deadspace was unnerving

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
I bought this and Fallout 3 yesterday. Fallout is bugging me. It throws you right in the deep end with the combat, and its gonna have to improve a lot in the coming days for me to work out why its called a legendary game. Bioshock 2 is gonna sit sealed for a little while yet. I never played the first one - anyone know if this is gonna hinder my enjoyment of the second?

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
Oh Mr Saxon you are in for a TREAT with Fallout 3.

I was just like you and thought it was a bit full on too quickly for my liking but once I got into it before long I had clocked up over 140 hours on it, and I've still not done everything there is to do in the Capital Wasteland. Possibly the greatest game EVER.

As for Bioshock 2, I never played the original and bought the sequel on the strength of all the reviews. It's definitely a good game but I wouldn't class it up there with Fallout 3 or Uncharted 2 which are the absolute DADDY'S of the PS3.

HOWEVER it is still worth a go and despite not owning the original I find myself enjoying the sequel. I just get deeply immersed in it and find myself getting sucked in to it all. The chilling cries of "Daddy, will we be together again" from the glowy eyed Little Sisters is a proper headfuck if you ask me

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Oh Mr Saxon you are in for a TREAT with Fallout 3.

I was just like you and thought it was a bit full on too quickly for my liking but once I got into it before long I had clocked up over 140 hours on it, and I've still not done everything there is to do in the Capital Wasteland. Possibly the greatest game EVER.

I hope you're right mate. Its a little full on at the moment... I've only just escaped the vault and it feels a little messy. I went on my first mission/task and kept getting shot to shit by some punks in the supermarket. How long does it take to really get into it? Does the VATS combat system ever get properly explained?

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
Hmmm, not really. The VATS thing is just a gimmick, although bloody useful.

I remember your predicament exactly but it's definitely worth persevering. You're struggling to fend off a few raiders now but once you've got going with it, levelled up a bit and picked out some super hard weapons you'll be dicing up Raiders in your sleep. In fact any human character is only a couple of hits away from being melted flesh. It's when you start squaring up to Deathclaws that you realise what a piece of piss the humanoids were.

I mean it isn't for everybody. You might just not get into it but I have to say I have never enjoyed a first person shooter so much and the epic scale of it is often mind blowing.

It can seem very daunting though, especially at the start, as the scale of it is utterly immense and around every corner are vicious bad folks who wants to tear you to shit. And of course you never seem to have any ammo which just makes it even more irritating because as soon as you find something that actually does inflict decent levels of damage on your foe you realise you don't have the bullets to keep it going. HOWEVER you soon realise that powering through all the struggle was definitely worth it and before long you're picking off bad guys ten a penny and have mountains of ammo in your backpack so as never to fear the wasteland monsters again.

I can only advise perseverance because I felt exactly the same when I first gave it a go and yet now it is the game that has consumed more of my time than even Football/Championship Manager.

I'm genuinely jealous of your position. If you allow yourself to really immerse in it you're in for an EPIC adventure

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Dead Space shit me RIGHT up, its a bit of a wrong-un. Specially when you squish a dead babies head.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here