Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bioshock 2

I've never played Bioshock or Bioshock 2, but my opinion on the other games mentioned here;

Oblivion was good but got repetitive quick. Fallout 3 came out afterwards from the same people and it shows; the quests are much better and more varied and the fast travel is much better organised. I speak as someone who has spent countless hours playing both. The VATS system in Fallout 3 doesn't really work, but that's because they've turned the Fallout franchise from a turn based rpg (Fallout 1 and Fallout 2) into a first person shoot 'em up, and had to keep some iconic parts of the franchise and adapt them. I typically play it in god mode and just enjoy the rpg aspects, rathen than the fps parts. The open world and the brilliance with which they've created the desolate environment are great, and a massive step up from the stylised heavily-repetitive fantasy world of Oblivion.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
as we're talking Games anyone played Dragon Age: Origins? from the makers of Baldurs Gate and Neverwinter Nights (I think) so its got me interested already and its got rave reviews!

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
as we're talking Games anyone played Dragon Age: Origins? from the makers of Baldurs Gate and Neverwinter Nights (I think) so its got me interested already and its got rave reviews!

I am playing it at the moment. It's heavily story based, with a lot of cut scenes. I get a bit bored with all the speech as there's so much to get through. The fighting isn't really my cup of tea either, it's a lot of just tapping the same button to swing a sword. It has the mage element of spells and magic too, which again I've not got the patience to learn and explore properly. I've much preferred Oblivion and Fallout 3.

There are lesbian sex scenes though so not all bad :thumbsup:

Yep that's the game that I'm in the middle of at the moment. Quality game although pretty difficult at least to start with. Like an old-school rpg in that you have to put some thought into how you act and how you are going to fight (using special abilities, and putting melee fighters in front of mages to block, etc.). Much more Baldurs Gate than Neverwinter Nights (which was much more point-and-click and straightforward). Bioware do make excellent rpgs (they also made the original Knights of the Old Republic).

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
cheers guys, I do like my RPG games, the cut scenes do scare me a little as I just prefer to get on and play as opposed to sit there and watch half the time! still i'll give it a go, thanks.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
cheers guys, I do like my RPG games, the cut scenes do scare me a little as I just prefer to get on and play as opposed to sit there and watch half the time! still i'll give it a go, thanks.

I'm the same, I don't mind them i.e. in Fallout 3, but Dragon Age just takes it way too far for my liking. It all comes down to preference though. Well worth a go if you do like rpg's though

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
We should totally have an NSC games club!

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Bioshock is a fantastic game.Must have completed it 3-4 times.This game and Oblivion are the best single player games on the Xbox.COD is the best online game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here