Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Billy SHARPE today

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
Yeah, same one

Good on the lad, became a father again yesterday I believe. Having lost a son not so long ago.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
He made a miraculous recovery. Lets just hope El-Abd can finish the job today.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
It was only just over a year ago he lost his son, then played the following day. Seem to remember some oppo fans made unpleasant chants about it, can't remember what team he was playing against.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
There is a grim inevitability about him scoring & revealing some sort of t-shirt or otherwise related goal celebration today, isn't there?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
It was only just over a year ago he lost his son, then played the following day. Seem to remember some oppo fans made unpleasant chants about it, can't remember what team he was playing against.

Barnsley

Sharp is a **** to be fair , but some take it too far.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I'm AMAZED he can still WALK let alone play professional football. I thought he told all and sundry that Dunk had ended his playing days?

tgretton87

Shoreham Beach Seagull#2
Jul 30, 2011
Dunk did smash him to be fair! Knee high if I remember

Dec 29, 2011

I don't think the chanting was the day after. When he scored his goal both home and away fans clapped which is a nice touch. The chanting came a few weeks later, can't remember the teams though.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Can't be him. Pretty sure Dunk killed him. Twice.
Indeed. The Doncaster fans reckoned Dunk had killed him, and burnt his bones on the pitch. Must be a different Sharpe.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Dunk did smash him to be fair! Knee high if I remember

Your getting confused with Calderon who headbutted the other Donny player in the knee. Dunk's tackle broke Sharpe's leg in 3 places or in other words, cause ankle ligament damage.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
There is a grim inevitability about him scoring & revealing some sort of t-shirt or otherwise related goal celebration today, isn't there?

That will result in binfest threads about how we should have signed him :smile:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
That will result in binfest threads about how we should have signed him :smile:

I have a feeling he's one of those players who's essentially a professional northerner, who will never really succeed anywhere they don't serve gravy with chips. That's presumably why Southampton have loaned him out. I'd still have him here, but I don't know if his heart would be in it.

tgretton87

Shoreham Beach Seagull#2
Jul 30, 2011
Your getting confused with Calderon who headbutted the other Donny player in the knee. Dunk's tackle broke Sharpe's leg in 3 places or in other words, cause ankle ligament damage.

Your correct bit of a hazy memory that day.

Dont drink kids:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here