Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Billy Paynter: the poll

What's your view on Billy Paynter joining the Albion on loan (assuming he does)?

• Total voters

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
My only worry and the reason i am Underwhelmed as i have said in the other thread 3 attempts at Championship level and not once has it worked for him, admittedly at League 1 and 2 his done very well, but even some Swindon fans think the Championship is a step to far for him.

I hope i am proved wrong but his Championship performances in the past speak for them self. 5 goals in almost 50 performances

We heard you earlier... I think we know how you feel by now, Jesus Christ!

1500+ posts in a few weeks... May I ask if you have anything else in life other than NSC? What did you do before you signed up on here?

Got to agree with this post, you posted a new thread every 5 minutes under newhavengull and still keep doing it! wtf is wrong with you?

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
I'm going to be a twat and say I wish we still had Murray for the role... but I trust in Gus and hope the recent signings can get us pointing in the right direction. I think this team can still click and get itself a very good run together!

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
I'm going to be a twat and say I wish we still had Murray for the role... but I trust in Gus and hope the recent signings can get us pointing in the right direction. I think this team can still click and get itself a very good run together!

I'd agree with that.
I honestly believe that if we had Murray we'd be in the top 2/3 positions in the league right now. Him and CMS would be simply unplayable. But obviously there were reasons why we didn't, so lets give Paynter his chance.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Its been clear to me we need a hold up player - a different option up front, Plan B call it what you will. Paynter will give us that although the frustration for me is that we wouldn't have needed to sign anyone if we had kept Murray.

Currently, we are as effective in the air up front as the Libyan Air force was under Gaddafi.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Shirt number 13, therefore he will be BRILLIANT. That is an unsubstantiated fact.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Free scoring with pre 'sideways move' Swindon, zilch at Leeds (who wanted him badly when he joined), some injury problems but failure or not given a look in ? We will soon see.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
The Leeds fans at work are DELIGHTED we have got him. Essentially "good riddance" for a month. HOWEVER in Gus we trust.

Paynter does have a point to prove to everyone so Im sure Gus is using that as motivation.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Whilst I am personally underwhelmed by the signing, I am going to trust Gus on this one. He does provide a more physical presence that we are lacking up front so at least we have more options. I'm not really putting much stock in his poor record at leeds as he was hampered by injury and had limited opportunities there, and sometime sif you don't fit at a club it's just never going to work out. He was quality at Swindon and I expect Gus can bring a motivated player back to his best.

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
My only worry and the reason i am Underwhelmed as i have said in the other thread 3 attempts at Championship level and not once has it worked for him, admittedly at League 1 and 2 his done very well, but even some Swindon fans think the Championship is a step to far for him.

I hope i am proved wrong but his Championship performances in the past speak for them self. 5 goals in almost 50 performances

Yep think we have enough ex League 1 strikers and as we've seen in the past you need to step up to bag goals at this level, would have preferred a Prem striker on loan but would/will our current style suit them, viz Chris Wood banging them in at Birmingham, yet didn't look too special here in League one last year.

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
im in the not overly impressed camp but trust in gus. however , i was thinking ...... if you had told us a year ago we were getting paynter we would have been very happy. shows how far our expectations have changed doesnt it? add to that harper , reyes, and maybe alan smith. we would have been creaming ourselves. and thats not even mentioning cms , buckley , hoskins etc

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
We heard you earlier... I think we know how you feel by now, Jesus Christ!

1500+ posts in a few weeks... May I ask if you have anything else in life other than NSC? What did you do before you signed up on here?

he did say last night that he has no life..but as we didn't like his posts he would get a new hobby...seems to have changed his mind....pity

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here