Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Billy Paynter: the poll

What's your view on Billy Paynter joining the Albion on loan (assuming he does)?

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Well, whadayafink?

billy%20paynter_633610580349843750.jpg

Last edited:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Just to clarify does "Really can't see the point in this at all." refer to the signing, or a poll passing judgement on the signing before he has kicked a ball for us?

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Like 99% of posters on here, I have nothing to go on apart from the one or two games I have seen him play for Swindon. But he plays for us now, suits me.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I voted the second one, but only because it was the closest to my thoughts. I actually don't know what he's like, but trust Gus completely - and i don't mean Gus is God in that Guseous praise.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Voted the second option. As one who has been calling for a target man, I must trust Gus's judgement on this one. Hopefully he can be the hard man up front, allowing CMS to do what we bought him for.

Digressing, Wood was mentioned in the big thread on the signing. Don't know if it was on here, SSN, Argus, or BBC Sussex, but I'm sure I heard something at the beginning of the season or during the transfer window that Gus was still interested in Wood. Did he withdraw his interest or did Birmingham get in ahead of us? If I were Wood and was going on loan with the choice of Birmingham or us, the decision would be easy. Live at your own home, no longer drive to the training ground or stay in a hotel/club house? Not a difficult one. If it was a permanent signing that would be another matter.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Somewhere in between one and two.

I don't know a huge amount about him. His record is patchy. Disappointing that he isn't a screwy South American, but he has his shirt now and deserves to have a fair crack of the whip.

Gus has been chasing him for a while, so obviously will be pleased he finally got his man.

I reckon he will kick start his faltering career with us.

Edit: it seems Safari won't let me vote. Saved me the bother of agonising between one and two.

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
My only worry and the reason i am Underwhelmed as i have said in the other thread 3 attempts at Championship level and not once has it worked for him, admittedly at League 1 and 2 his done very well, but even some Swindon fans think the Championship is a step to far for him.

I hope i am proved wrong but his Championship performances in the past speak for them self. 5 goals in almost 50 performances

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Digressing, Wood was mentioned in the big thread on the signing. Don't know if it was on here, SSN, Argus, or BBC Sussex, but I'm sure I heard something at the beginning of the season or during the transfer window that Gus was still interested in Wood. Did he withdraw his interest or did Birmingham get in ahead of us? If I were Wood and was going on loan with the choice of Birmingham or us, the decision would be easy. Live at your own home, no longer drive to the training ground or stay in a hotel/club house? Not a difficult one. If it was a permanent signing that would be another matter.

If I remember rightly (and there's no guarantee that I do), We held off on going back for him hoping to get a permanent signing. I think Gus saw him as a possible fall back signing, but understood West Brom weren't going to wait on us, Birmingham took an interest and it was for Wood a case of go take an offer that's on the table or hope one might come at a later date, and he went with the offer he definitely had.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
My only worry and the reason i am Underwhelmed as i have said in the other thread 3 attempts at Championship level and not once has it worked for him, admittedly at League 1 and 2 his done very well, but even some Swindon fans think the Championship is a step to far for him.

I hope i am proved wrong but his Championship performances in the past speak for them self. 5 goals in almost 50 performances

We heard you earlier... I think we know how you feel by now, Jesus Christ!

1500+ posts in a few weeks... May I ask if you have anything else in life other than NSC? What did you do before you signed up on here?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here