Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Billy Paynter, the man we have been missing up front?

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
Reading throught this makes me wonder why , at the pre-season fan's forum, I took such stick for daring to ask Gus where this 'household/striker with prescence' was ???

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
He looked like the missing link to me. In 15-20 minutes he looked to already have a better partnership with Mackail-Smith than what Barnes has produced all season! Its no coincidence all our chances came after he was brought on. He played far better than i expected him to, would like to see him start at Watford on tuesday night.

SeafordBHA

Aug 13, 2011
Only listened on the radio but sounded as though he had a massive impact with barnes and that they were half running the game!

Just imagine when we have Vicente fit to put balls into him!

albion68

Oct 27, 2011
It seems that Paynter could play the part like Heskey did for England ,with the other strikers scoring most of the goals.The problem in the last third is that technical ability has to be spot on and the understanding between players has to be very good ,but if you take someone like Noone he has great ability but his crossing is not always perfect ,he is still young though and dont forget Giggs early days was a bit wasteful with his crossing .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here