Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Billy Paynter signs on loan until January

LFIP

Oct 27, 2011
1 goal in 24 for Billy :bow:

Probably the most mental I've ever gone, as I was just shocked he had scored!

'Nice one Billy, nice one son, nice on Billy, let's have another one!' - we never did get another one, the shit fat ****.

abc

Jan 6, 2007
His awful guys come on, you only have to read the Leeds reviews of him. Im really disappointed by this

Just when I thought some people couldnt lower the quality of their comments on NSC any further........

A new player has signed for Brighton and Hove Albion. The fact that he was being chased by numerous other clubs but chose to join us is a tick in his favour but any player who is wanted by our Manager and chooses to join Brighton gets my immediate support. Why? Because I am a Brighton fan.

Yet, quite unbelievably, a player is being villified before he even kicks a ball. If a player puts on the Albion shirt and give his all then he will never get run down by me in a public forum. If he doesnt make the effort on the pitch then, regardless of his ability, there might be cause for condemnation. But this player hasnt even played yet!

I am delighted that we have signed Billy Paynter. Not because I think he will be brilliant for us because I honestly dont know (I havent seen him play for us yet and I am not a football manager) but because he is now a Brighton player.

I look forward to his debut and wish him the best of luck in the Stripes.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
i have seen him many times before that, his not good at all

Have you ever seen him play in a Brighton & Hove Albion team managed by Gus Poyet?

This is a man who managed to make a confident ball playing defender of Adam El Abd, so maybe wait and see what he does with Paynter and how he uses him before burying him, eh?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
seems were not considered a Rival either

Simon Grayson has confirmed interest he is considering allowing Billy Paynter to leave Leeds United on loan.
The former Swindon striker hasn't featured in the first team since the opening day of the season and has been linked with a host clubs in terms of a potential loan deal.
"I have had call from a League One team about Billy," confirmed the Leeds boss. "We'll decide if it's the right thing to do.
"One thing for certain is that we wouldn't consider Billy joining one of our rivals in the Championship so any deal would have to suit all parties, and by that I mean, us and Billy.

"He wants to play games which he isn't doing at the moment and I have no problems with letting him out, but until we decide properly there's nothing doing."
Billy joined the club from Swindon in the summer of 2010, but found appearances restricted due to injury last season and his only goal came in the 2-1 win at Preston on March.

Ignore-Button-and-Social-Media-Monitoring.jpg

Seagulls4life

Jul 30, 2010
Brighton
His scored 5 goals in the championship, all his goals have come in league one and 2, Barnes has already beaten that this season

Why are you being so negative? Maybe you should leave this thread for the rest of the day, you seem to not rate Billy so why don't you take your negativity else where?

dave hylands

Feb 13, 2009
Eastbourne
just when i thought some people couldnt lower the quality of their comments on nsc any further........

A new player has signed for brighton and hove albion. The fact that he was being chased by numerous other clubs but chose to join us is a tick in his favour but any player who is wanted by our manager and chooses to join brighton gets my immediate support. Why? Because i am a brighton fan.

Yet, quite unbelievably, a player is being villified before he even kicks a ball. If a player puts on the albion shirt and give his all then he will never get run down by me in a public forum. If he doesnt make the effort on the pitch then, regardless of his ability, there might be cause for condemnation. But this player hasnt even played yet!

I am delighted that we have signed billy paynter. Not because i think he will be brilliant for us because i honestly dont know (i havent seen him play for us yet and i am not a football manager) but because he is now a brighton player.

I look forward to his debut and wish him the best of luck in the stripes.

this agree 100%

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
We dont need this fella to be prolific (although it would help) , we need him to be a battering ram , a real physical prescence and hold the ball up / lay it off.
He has to Take the hits and free up CMS to do what he does best. He proved with Swindon he can score so plenty to be optimistic about here

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I wonder how many assists he laid on for Simon Cox at Swindon? And then for Charlie Austin? I wonder what they think of him. Personally, I think this is brilliant news for Craig Mackail-Smith, and I'm sure he appreciates this bit of news. It's bad news for Ryan Harley and Matt Sparrow I think, and would have been bad news for Gary Dicker, because it almost certainly means we'll be going with 2 up front from now on. But I think it's extremely positive that when things aren't going our way, the men who matter at our football club get out there and bring in a player proven in league football. He's not got the best record for goals, but it's about what he'll offer the team. We know CMS has got a goal or 30 in him, so let's play to his strengths a bit more.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
If this "Gus is god" (you need a capital G on God) cock and Leeds fans are saying he is shite, it's obvious he is going to bang in 20 goals this season.
I really do hope we are bouncing this thread in a few weeks time when Paynter is tearing the Championship apart, and "Gus is god" gets torn so badly he has to "Request that his account be closed as fed up with people being mean to him" again.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Worse than Harding?? We're DOOOOMMMED :rave:
*Joke*
ha ha ha !!

Gotta get behind the lad though and the team he may prove them all wrong at Leeds and we could have found another Gem !!!

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
If this "Gus is god" (you need a capital G on God) cock and Leeds fans are saying he is shite, it's obvious he is going to bang in 20 goals this season.
I really do hope we are bouncing this thread in a few weeks time when Paynter is tearing the Championship apart, and "Gus is god" gets torn so badly he has to "Request that his account be closed as fed up with people being mean to him" again.

It's not so much his lack of faith in Gus's opinion that annoys me, it's those silly spelling mistakes. 'his' instead of he's! Shocking!

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011

If he tears it up brilliant but like i said the past 3 times he's played in it his been awful, with Hull, Southend and Leeds so i doubt he will this time, its not that i want him to fail i dont the fact that worrys me is this appears to be the answer to our problems and signing a player that has failed 3 times already at this level is concerning

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here