Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Billy Gilmour SINGED on a four-year contract

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Find it a bit weird that this guy had a chant before he’d even played a second for us while some players have been here years and don’t have a chant, but there we go

This is very true actually.

In fact of our current and more recent regular long term players how many have had a chant named after them? Deceptively few l'd say.

Off the top of my head, Dunky, Sollly March, Yves Bissouma, Neal Maupay, Knocky,Glenn Murray, Steve Sidwell, Conor Goldson, Uwe Hunemaier, Bruno of course.

Are there any more that people remember?

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
I know you can't judge a player in 4 minutes, but I did it in a split second. Gilmour made one little Lallanaesque reverse turn to defend the ball and get himself out of a very tight space and I thought 'He'll do.'
I thought the same after watching about 30 seconds of footage the club shared from the training ground. Lovely touches and use of space - clearly an excellent footballer.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
This is very true actually.

In fact of our current and more recent regular long term players how many have had a chant named after them? Deceptively few l'd say.

Off the top of my head, Dunky, Sollly March, Yves Bissouma, Neal Maupay, Knocky,Glenn Murray, Steve Sidwell, Conor Goldson, Uwe Hunemaier, Bruno of course.

Are there any more that people remember?

Leo Ulloa of course. Inigo Calderon. (Aye aye) Ashley Barnes.

Vin

Jun 12, 2021
Gutted, more like incandescent, He spent all that time trying to get away from that shitshow of a club to play football of potter.
I feel really bad for this guy

Seems like Potter was lined up to go there a while ago. Cucu and Gilmore were part of the deal.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Seems like Potter was lined up to go there a while ago. Cucu and Gilmore were part of the deal.

How?

"We're going to sack our manager in about three weeks and appoint Graham Potter so we'll pay a little extra for Cucurella and you can get Gilmour for a little less".

If it was part of the deal, which is just highly unbelievable, why didnt they sack Tuchel then and appoint Potter immediately?

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
We could always loan him back to Chelsea. (Or sell him with Caicedo in January.)

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2011
I wonder if it was players like Billy G saying they would rather go to little old Brighton and play for Potter than stay at Chelsea with Tuchel that made Chelsea think about poaching Potter?

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
1b55d1f316d9d6f567030ebad4129485.jpg

Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Personally I think all these ideas that people should feel sorry for Gilmour as he was desperate to play in a team coached by Potter and now he's going to be really annoyed are bollox. He left Chelsea to get more game time, Potter being a great coach was a bonus to that, but primarily he left to get game time which he had no chance of at Chelsea. With Potter at Chelsea Gilmour is still on the bench each week, or not involved at all, but at Brighton (with any coach) he has more of a chance.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Personally I think all these ideas that people should feel sorry for Gilmour as he was desperate to play in a team coached by Potter and now he's going to be really annoyed are bollox. He left Chelsea to get more game time, Potter being a great coach was a bonus to that, but primarily he left to get game time which he had no chance of at Chelsea. With Potter at Chelsea Gilmour is still on the bench each week, or not involved at all, but at Brighton (with any coach) he has more of a chance.

Game time Potter promised him if he came obviously.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
To butter our head honchos up.

But why would they ‘sacrifice’ one of their exciting young players that Boehly allegedly wanted to keep but Tuchel pushed the button to sell

And with the release clause no one needs buttering up

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here