Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Billy Gilmour SINGED on a four-year contract

GrossTurn

Jun 20, 2020
I saw that headline but can’t read the article as it’s behind a paywall

Am I right in thinking he basically forced this transfer through and was desperate to come here?

If so can I suggest that’s a first for the mighty Albion?
Given that:

a) Chelsea didn’t want to sell him
b) We couldn’t loan him due to already having Colwill
c) We were to my knowledge the only club to register a serious interest in him this summer

Then yes the onus would’ve been on him to force a permanent transfer through to join us.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I saw that headline but can’t read the article as it’s behind a paywall

Am I right in thinking he basically forced this transfer through and was desperate to come here?

If so can I suggest that’s a first for the mighty Albion?

Get yourself in the market for a “12 foot ladder” I shop on Google normally

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I very much doubt he’d have been ‘desperate’ to come here, Icy. Keen on securing first team football would be probably more accurate, which we were apparently the only ones offering.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I very much doubt he’d have been ‘desperate’ to come here, Icy. Keen on securing first team football would be probably more accurate, which we were apparently the only ones offering.

You need to fill that glass up :lolol:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

Chelsea wanted to loan him - so he could have had first team football - at several clubs. However he refused loan option to force through Albion move. No idea if that makes him “desperate” - the Athletic article doesn’t say.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Given that:

a) Chelsea didn’t want to sell him
b) We couldn’t loan him due to already having Colwill
c) We were to my knowledge the only club to register a serious interest in him this summer

Then yes the onus would’ve been on him to force a permanent transfer through to join us.

A) and b) - yes. C) I think Chelsea’s preference was a loan but it didn’t happen so I guess we will never know. Not convinced Brighton were only team tracking the player.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Doubt that very much.......tend to think our progression, set up, style of football, Potter and contact with Tariq and Levi were more deciding factors.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
I'm a fan but seemed quite passive and slow today in his brief cameo debut. Very quickly needs to adjust if he wants game time. Has to understand how much he needs to run in transition in this brilliant team.
Was hoping for more but a year at Norwich has clearly affected his confidence and aggression in play. Work to do.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
I'm a fan but seemed quite passive and slow today in his brief cameo debut. Very quickly needs to adjust if he wants game time. Has to understand how much he needs to run in transition in this brilliant team.
Was hoping for more but a year at Norwich has clearly affected his confidence and aggression in play. Work to do.

He was on the pitch for 3 mins, it’s almost impossible to draw anything about him in that time especially considering we were in cruise control by then.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing

Not sure how you can review a player’s performance when you couldn’t even have boiled an egg in the time they were on the pitch.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Played about 4 minutes in a dead game, touched the ball once.

Need to send him to Gulag along with March, Pervis and Undav.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Also he made a decent overhead clearance and a tackle in the time he was on the pitch. What a ridiculous post

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here