Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bigotgate and the Mail on Sunday

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
This has obviously been targeted by the Sunday Mail to keep this appallingly callous statement made by the Prime Minister about a member of voting public,in the public domain 5 days prior polling day. To show what a rather hot headed, crass,insincere bully we will have to vote out of Government.

:laugh: - You keep telling yourself this, I'm sure you'll start to believe it soon

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
She didn't take Charlie Whelan's advice [on Five Live yesterday] about not giving it to one newspaper exclusively. All the other tabloids'll turn on her now. Hope the money's worth it for the skeletons they'll find in her cupboard. Only saving grace is that The Mail won't be doing the digging as they seem to have cornered the market in vitriol and hatred.

Shanker45

Jan 19, 2010
East Preston,West Sussex
She didn't take Charlie Whelan's advice [on Five Live yesterday] about not giving it to one newspaper exclusively. All the other tabloids'll turn on her now. Hope the money's worth it for the skeletons they'll find in her cupboard. Only saving grace is that The Mail won't be doing the digging as they seem to have cornered the market in vitriol and hatred.

I said this earlier....it's a dangerous game to get involved with and I hope she thinks it's worth it.

She should have given an open interview to the media or just kept the private meeting with GB to herself.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
I fully agree. Any splash in the Mail probably won't have an effect on Labour voters - but it might have an effect on floating voters, and not necessarily one they intend to happen.

The point is, if the Mirror or People had gone with a Cameron gaffe, they too would be risking the same backfire.

To be fair the point is that you are concerned about the simple minded floating voter who may be swayed into voting tory because of a newspaper article they may have read. The very same dynamic that could equally exist for the same sheep who equally consume the contents of the Mirror, People, Guardian or Independent as de facto for that matter.

The fact is that there are people who vote Labour just because their Dad voted Labour and in my view they are just as simple minded as an individual swayed by an article in the gutter press (of whatever political persuasion).

No doubt you agree with that too.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Just seen Paxman owning Gordy on the beeb. Gordy reckons he heard her say that she wanted Eastern European Students sent home! what planet does this bloke come from? shameful :nono:

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Returning to the original question.... morally wrong but unfortunately totally acceptable in this society. A pretty good indicator of the previous governments and where their priorities lie.........

money, money money

A the expense of everything else we are now reaping the crop of the seeds that were sown

When ever a person speaks out against imigration in this country that person is accused of being a racist or a bigot. It has surly now got to the stage where a civilised debate on the matter should happen. There are so many different aspects that need to be taken into consideration. For centuries this country has had it's influxes of people from all over the world some good some bad some lazy some hard working etc. The over all impression is that Britain is a soft touch but in reality this might not be the case looking at the poverty one sees in the areas most popular with immigrants. Why should this be? Can this country afford to take in any more? I believe that if a foreign national wishes to live here then that person should integrate into British Society adopting British values, learning the language and abiding by our laws in the same way that any British person should do if they want to live overseas. Should single faith schools be abolished, Should religon be abolished, or should we all stop and think for a moment and try and get along with each other and do as we would be done by.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here