Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bigotgate and the Mail on Sunday

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
According to GMTV this morning Mrs Duffy/Bigot has signed an exclusive with the Mail on Sunday to tell them what was said when Gormless Brown returned to her house to apologise. She is reportedly being paid between fifty and one hundred thousand pounds for her version of events.

Whether this is morally right or wrong, Labour must be shitting themselves.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i think she should have left it. i think they (the papers) should have left it. i really dont think its news worthy and i wouldn't believe what they attribute to her anyway.

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
well, pays her pension for the rest of her life.

It was always going to happen

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Fair play to her. I'd have done the same.
Although my story would involve peephole bras, squashed battenberg cakes and Gordon on all fours.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
Good for her. Anyone that says they wouldn't do the same is lying. It's not like she even went out her way to create the story herself

Absolutely, make hay while the sun shines. This weekend she will be the big story, next weekend after the election is over she will all be forgotten about (well not by Gordon Brown :lolol:)

Shanker45

Jan 19, 2010
East Preston,West Sussex
I would say to her the only note of caution is that by selling an exclusive the other tabloids will be sniffing around for a story.
I hope her family are all whiter than white ( no immigration joke intended) as they will be looking a story.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Explain please TLO

Gordo looks dead in the water IMHO

One - at a time, four days after the event, when most of the debate has moved on from this discourse (not the debate about immigration, the debate about the comment itself), the Mail wants to keep it going and going.

Two - it's the Mail, not exactly noted for its sense of balance or prudence in its headlines, reporting or stories. Will Brown be allowed a right of reply?

But, no matter what this woman tells the paper - and face it, she is being offered a ton of cash (and I can't help feeling she is going to be sorely manipulated by the Mail) rather than her telling it because it's a story she feels that NEEDS to be told - the Mail will put its own spin on it to such an extent that many people will see it for what it is; a 'Give Gordon a Kicking' time. Whoop-de-doo - like, you wouldn't expect that from the Mail, would you?

Meanwhile, most of the rest of the country - floating voters particularly - want to know about national policies, what a new government would bring, how much it's going to cost us etc, not a grumpy Scotsman's - albeit ill-advised - off-hand remark. Just now and then, while the majority of the country has moved on from this, that sort of thing does risk backfiring. For instance, the Tory press tried a crude stunt to go big on Nick Clegg's finances, and look what happened. Nada.

Now if this 'interview' was in the Observer or even the Sunday Times, I think that might be different, and Gordon ought to be shitting himself then.

Last edited:

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
As Stephen Fry says;

'The definition of Countryside is when you murder Piers Morgan'

It works better on the radio!

D

Deleted User X18H

One - at a time, four days after the event, when most of the debate has moved on from this discourse (not the debate about immigration, the debate about the comment itself), the Mail wants to keep it going and going.

Two - it's the Mail, not exactly noted for its sense of balance or prudence in its headlines, reporting or stories. Will Brown be allowed a right of reply?

But, no matter what this woman tells the paper - and face it, she is being offered a ton of cash (and I can't help feeling she is going to be sorely manipulated by the Mail) rather than her telling it because it's a story she feels that NEEDS to be told - the Mail will put its own spin on it to such an extent that many people will see it for what it is; a 'Give Gordon a Kicking' time. Whoop-de-doo - like, you wouldn't expect that from the Mail, would you?

Meanwhile, most of the rest of the country - floating voters particularly - want to know about national policies, what a new government would bring, how much it's going to cost us etc, not a grumpy Scotsman's - albeit ill-advised - off-hand remark. Just now and then, while the majority of the country has moved on from this, that sort of thing does risk backfiring. For instance, the Tory press tried a crude stunt to go big on Nick Clegg's finances, and look what happened. Nada.

Now if this 'interview' was in the Observer or even the Sunday Times, I think that might be different, and Gordon ought to be shitting himself then.

I take the Daily Mail every day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here