Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Biggest Queues for a Albion Game

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
What are the biggest queue you have been (or seen) for an Albion game. How long and how deep?

I will post mine later.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
trying to get out of SMelhurst after that game

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I've never seen a bigger nor more ignorant queue at 'The' Withdean than Albion Youth v Chelski Youth.

Refused on principle to join The Queue Of The Stupid and instead opted to watch the game (albiet half-interestedy) on the decking of The Sportsman. :thumbsup:

sod1

Jan 12, 2008
Brasov , Romania
queing up for FA cup final replay tickets... i joined it south of the railway tunnel near to the goldstone, it went straight up the road to shoreham road then behind the northstand and down to the ticket office and was prob three deep .

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
queing up for FA cup final replay tickets... i joined it south of the railway tunnel near to the goldstone, it went straight up the road to shoreham road then behind the northstand and down to the ticket office and was prob three deep .

I got my FA Cup and replay tickets without too much trouble.

Queue was three to five deep to the Bus Station (south of the railway) two hours before the start of the home match against Notts County Reserves in the sixties which you had to go to to get tickets for the 3rd Round FA Cup tie against Chelsea.

Queue was to Sackville Road when the home match against Rochdale kicked off in 1971.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Albion V Palace at the goldstone on THAT tuesday night in , I think 1975 when we did them 2-0. 33,000 and it was all ticket and we were advised to be in the ground 45 mins before kick off......magic times

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
Biggest UNNECESSARY Queue

Station Road at Norwood Junction Station after that 0-5 at Smellhurst. Around 4,000 Albion under police control being forced through a 5 foot wide entrance onto the station - whether we wanted to go there or not.

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
Apart from the FA cup final ticket queue The queue for the Jimmy Case testimonial was pretty bloody big.They were locking the turnstiles in most parts of the ground , so I it legged around to Goldstone lane , which was chocca with scousers and Albion fans .Did'nt get in and it remains the only Albion game I ever failed to get into in 40 years.
Oh and the away game at Orient at the time of Peter Shilton;s 1000th game.It was during our difference of opinion between Archer and Bellotti.The gates would not open up to let us in until he had his presentation on the pitch, which was about 2.45.Apparently they thought we might use the occasion to demonstrate and spoil it for him . ..Bless..

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
biggest queue at withdean was I think for the barnet jpt game a couple of years ago. I think we were 3-0 up when some people got in. We did only have two turnstiles open.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
League Cup Tickets back in the 70's WBA or Derby, can't remember!

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
I seem to remember massive queues at The Goldstone to get in the north stand for the england B game against Italy in 89 or 90?? Dont think anyone was expecting a crowd of 16,000 plus so everyone turned up pretty near to kick off.Longest ticket queues were 91 and 2004 play off final tickets.

Bobby's Gull

DAFT Bint
Jul 6, 2003
Bed
Queueing to buy tickets outside the shop at Queens Road in 2002 for the game where we were crowned Div Two Champions. Got there around 8am and just stood there with a hell of a lot of other people. Staff from the shop were constantly coming out telling us that it was pointless us queueing as we weren't going to get tickets ... no one left the queue though, everyone was so desperate to get their hands on one of the remaining tickets.

My biggest queue for an Albion game?

A Sunday morning queue at Villa Park for tickets for the 1968 FA Cup semi-final between West Bromwich Albion and Birmingham City. They tolerated unsegregated crowds in those days.

Does that count?

They sold the last one when I was about 40 places back from the turnstile, which was a bit of a bummer, since I'd driven up from Brighton. No matter ... I then went off to see my folks, to discover that my dad had been down the pub and had been given two tickets by the legendary Jeff Astle.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here