Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Biggest Queues for a Albion Game

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
My biggest queue for an Albion game?

A Sunday morning queue at Villa Park for tickets for the 1968 FA Cup semi-final between West Bromwich Albion and Birmingham City. They tolerated unsegregated crowds in those days.

Does that count?

They sold the last one when I was about 40 places back from the turnstile, which was a bit of a bummer, since I'd driven up from Brighton. No matter ... I then went off to see my folks, to discover that my dad had been down the pub and had been given two tickets by the legendary Jeff Astle.

Segregation began to become urgent at the Goldstone after the Villa game (because of the drunken behaviour of their supporters) in 1972.

I have only known the crush to be uncomfortable at the Goldstone for the match against Rochdale, and away at Forest in the League Cup (the match when the Albion trains did not arrive, and they had arrived there might not have been enough room?).

D

Deleted User X18H

FA Cup Final replay tickets with dear old Ron striding up and down with a loud hailer shouting 'there are enough for everyone' then more muffled with a voucher or seeaon ticket.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here