Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Biggest North Stand crowd surge

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Well I remember Jimmy Case scoring in the Quarter final against Norwich and it going mental. I've found it on Youtube and it still looks awesome.

What other goals got such a massive reaction and are they on Youtube ?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Not sure about the North Stand but the Clock End at Highbury was mental when that free kick went in!

Didn't go the Highbury semi, but youtube over recent years has revealed c.15,000 at the clock end erupting.
I watch that more than goal.
Being part of the 1976 to 1983 era, I was so lucky to have been part of a mass following of Brighton.

Surges north stand: I preferred the old lower roof. Darker, and with mega 33,000 gates in entire ground, fantastic atmosphere.
What about 2-0 versus Palace Jan 1976 under lights. Bad losers in south stand that night let off smoke bombs.
Remember Peter Taylor facing jokes/aggression from the Albion masses when collecting the ball for throw ins.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
For me definitely 1984 V Liverpool. I always stood behind goal near middle top and that day for the first time the police said it was full and I couldn't go in, so being a young lad at the time managed to sneak in at the bottom it took me about 5 mins just to get up to my usual spot. When the second goal went in it was only about a minute before the first goal, best surge / plus moment of elation in the Northstand! Best crowd surge for me was also Liverpool but against Norwich, last ever match in the standing Kop. I was actually quite scared at how crushed I was and how far I travelled down the terraces without being able to stop. Health and safety simply didn't exsist in those days. Scary but fun!

johnjim

Sep 2, 2008
bexhill
The clock end, Cup semi will always win this. Thought I was going to end up on the pitch, the sun shone, the band played, we won; happy days.

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
Smallest surge was @ Cambridge utd whem we where3-0 up they got it back to 3-3 aqnd we won 4-3 i think everyone ended up in the front two steps but it was rammed on the 12 step terrace good fun day and they had a marching band of about 8 poeple and the west st boys where in the seats ripping the piss out of them....happy days!

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
There were a few in the second half of 1996/97 when we pulled off the great escape. The 2-0 win against Cardiff when it all went off outside the ground after with the Soul Crew but scoring against Wigan and winning 1-0 in the second last game at the Goldstone was mental with the surge!

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
When Wardy scored against Blackpool, last game of the season. Ten row surge minimum in the North. We all thought we were going to Div 1 until the SCC and Spurs stitched us up.

ward is god

Dec 26, 2008
Somerset near Yeovil
This was against Spurs when they 'took' the North Stand. I ended up on the pitch and the game was held up and the players taken off. I remember being terrified but also mortified that my dad insisted we went home and I missed the match! We won 3-1 and there was some justice I suppose. I was 15 at the time and the game was late 70s I believe.

bassking

Mar 18, 2011
The Dollar Store
think it was 79-80 against preston north end but might have been season before. massive knees up mother brown,top of the table you must go ,then huge surge, even with them old barriers never seen so many people going over and having to be helped back up again, awesome,but deadly.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Not sure about the North Stand but the Clock End at Highbury was mental when that free kick went in!

I started at the back and ended up down near the front.......it was just mental

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here