Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Biggest game ever on Saturday

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
The new stadium i suppose has a number of investors lined up to pour thier cash into,will they still want to invest in a club that would possibly be playing div 4,and if playing in that league,the next step down is the conference. All ifs and buts,but also possible.

I do not envisage the board in its current state would let the club fall into the clutches of the conference,and the consequences are to scary to contemplate.I have not given up on my team as yet for this year,but even the most ardent of supporter 1 of which i consider myself to be cannot now deny the fact we are in serious trouble.

Anyhow as stated we have been in worse situations.

Last edited:

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
I do not envisage the board in its current state would let the club fall into the clutches of the conference,and the consequences are to scary to contemplate.

But therin lies the problem.

They are not in control of results, and when you dip down a division its dog eat dog and hard to lure the type of players you need to keep competitive.

I am sure the board of Oxford, Exeter, etc etc didnt want to see their clubs go down, but they DID, so no club is immune.

I'm actually still confident we will stay up this season, but the complacancy that many show about going down is VERY MUCH misguided, as those of us who were around in those bad days will testify to.

Last edited:

I agree with you Dave but there's been a number of similar posts to Superphil's from "older" supporters, including myself, dating back to last autumn. A truely disappointing season, although I've only seen a handful of games since Carlisle (a) in November, and such a shame (imho) for the club, fans and himself that DW made his position as manager untenable.

And why was DW's position untenable?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here