Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Biggest game ever on Saturday

Dickyboy

Feb 2, 2009
rustington
Went last night looked a team full of strangers until after half time great effort in the second but no goal threat, looking at the form guide we are relegation certs my only hope is we do have forster and murray coming back maybe they can start banging some goals in to give us a least a lead you live in hope i'll be there sat and i will renew again for next season even if we go down :ascarf:

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
I'm sick of saying the next game is a must win game. We have played shit in every must win game all season. What's the point in even considering us winning when you can garantee that we will a)concede at least one goal in the last 5 minutes and b)struggle to create more than about 3 meaningful chances all match. We are down.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
I dont think we are down and out yet. Slade will have the players in this week. Yeovil are just as sh*t as us. All the other teams around us have difficult games.

Beat Yeovil and play well and it'll be game on. Confidence will improve and perhaps notch up a few points.

We really need to get at Yeovil from the off on saturday.

Certainly if we lose/draw then its a certainty for relegation

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
To be honest, I'm thinking of giving it a miss on Saturday, the guys we go with have given up, last night was depressing, just can't get any enthusiasm for it. If it's a nice day I might do some gardening and listen to 5 live on the radio. I'm serious, I feel like I have had enough of this season.

I think this post should ring alarm bells in the board room. If life long Albion fans like Phil and his Mrs are deciding to give up, then there is something seriously wrong with the club and the powers at be better take notice

I think this post should ring alarm bells in the board room. If life long Albion fans like Phil and his Mrs are deciding to give up, then there is something seriously wrong with the club and the powers at be better take notice

I agree with you Dave but there's been a number of similar posts to Superphil's from "older" supporters, including myself, dating back to last autumn. A truely disappointing season, although I've only seen a handful of games since Carlisle (a) in November, and such a shame (imho) for the club, fans and himself that DW made his position as manager untenable.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Slade should also know there weaknesses. What we really must stop are these late goals.

As I live in the North I cant see many home games, so I usually wander around York/Harrogate shopping and popping into the bookies checking scores. The number of times I have popped in at sat 4.30 and we are either drawing or very occasionally winning and then pop in at 4.50 and we have let in a goal. As someone else has posted, I'm gonna change my routine. I will not check the score until the end of the game.

Infact maybe all of us should change our routine. Different breakfast, different pre match pub in order to change the omens.

Perhaps the players should change their routines, maybe actually turning up at the matches they're due to be playing in?

Could be a start

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
This also makes it MASSIVE

Brighton v Yeovil, 15:00

Colchester v Crewe, 15:00

Hereford v Southend, 15:00

Leeds v Swindon, 15:00

Peterborough v Northampton, 15:00

Stockport v Leyton Orient, 15:00

All the other teams around us could easily lose, we can close the gap to 3 points and have a game in hand.

We lose we will be 9 points behind Yeovil, and at least 6 points behind everyone else, with a WORSE goal difference than everyone else just above us

Crewe will win
Orient will draw

We are doomed, MK Dons and Scunny will see us off, we deserve to be in L2.

For a bit of old history and elightenment.........

HALF-TIME AT HEREFORD

cyril: I still remember that feeling and will never forget it...I sat on the floor with a fag and I just couldn't get up, couldn't see how I could get on with the rest of my life..WE came so close it still gives me goose bumps when I think about it. Which makes these good times all the more special. Seasons 97-98 If you took our 3 teams points and added them all up we would not have made the play-offs. Look at us now.....does it feel good or what. Moaners...remember that half time Hereford feeling and think how you feel how. UP THE ALBION.

Downloaded Penguin: I spent half time trying to think of the names of teams in the Conference but my mind was blank. I was in the stand and no one was talking. No one was saying anything. Tense? If you weren't there you have no idea. The explosion of joy when Robbie Reinelt scored was indescribable. I will never forget.

Dave the Seagull: Tell you what guys, you are spot-on. I just remember half time there with my mates, and no-one said a WORD. Usually we'd be talking about how good/crap we'd been in the first half, but we were that poor, and the Conference looked so inevitable, that I don't think anyone had the heart for conversation about anything. That match was a unique experience. As Albion fans, I don't think we'll ever be involved in a match of that importance again. If we'd have gone down that season, we'd have been lucky to stay in business, let alone try to get back into the League again, which is bloody tough with only the Champions coming up. That afternoon was a watershed. It was an ordeal to go through, and an absolute torture until the final whistle. I didn't enjoy that match. In fact, I think it took about 10 years off me. But the relief afterwards was absolute bliss, and I can't see any future event with the Albion, be it promotions or escaping future relegations, quite living up to that feeling at 5.00 in Hereford. In the end, I'm glad to say "I was there". But Jesus, what a ride it was.

Lord Bracknell: Three post-match memories - The realisation that the players cared as much about the outcome as we did; The walk back to the station with some Hereford supporters, who were disappointed in a very tame way - which proved to me that the passion of Brighton fans is not something you find everywhere; The expressions of genuine goodwill towards the Albion from complete strangers at various stop-off places on the way home - particularly a bunch of Reading fans in Burger King at Reading. So genuine, I gave one of them my ticket stub.

Boot Boy: Apparently, according to my mates, I went absolutely ballistic when we scored - but did anybody else find the last 28 minutes or so the worst ? Up to that point I was just numb, thinking we were going out the league after such a tremendous fight-back, having been 11 points adrift at Christmas. As the game wore on I just couldn't help thinking we could still lose this - (and somehow that would then have been worse than had we never equalised) - and nearly did with that late breakaway - but Gormo just picked the ball out the air - no problem. Yet Maskell could have wrapped it up before then, only to screw it up as usual (though his hat-trick on Fans United Day, in effect kept us in the league). Got some severe abuse from Hereford fans in leaving the car park and advised by Old Bill to avoid town centre as cars were having windsreens smashed. Greatest journey home - ever ! Every pub en route seemed to have Albion fans outside, with the biggest possible grins on their faces. I'll never forget that day. You're right in saying "you had to be there" !.

Lord Bracknell: And a pre-match memory:- Just finished lunch in Tesco's at Hereford and the four young people in the Bracknell party are outside painting blue and white stripes on each others' faces when Dick Knight and Ivor Caplin turn up, walk across to the kids and say "Thanks for coming - hope you enjoy the game". Young people completely amazed that DK is a human being like them who eats his lunch in Tesco's and speaks to supporters.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
May I remind everyone that Yeovil are our bogey team?

To be honest, I'm thinking of giving it a miss on Saturday, the guys we go with have given up, last night was depressing, just can't get any enthusiasm for it. If it's a nice day I might do some gardening and listen to 5 live on the radio. I'm serious, I feel like I have had enough of this season.

Shouldn't worry Phil, happens to us all.

happended to me last season .
I am not interested in BHAFC anymore.

and then.........................

For someone who has been a "through thick and thin" Albion fan that is quite a statement Storer68. Is this what it is coming to? Comon, keep the faith, we'll be in our lovely new stadium in 2 years.
For those of you who have lost faith/interest etc. I hope you change your minds, if not now, then when the new stadium is delivered. If you don't to go right now, so be it, but don't lose interest in the Albion.

I firmly believe the board are doing as well as anyone could be, excepting the multi-billionaire who has not yet made himself known. As for their attitude to the fans, again, I personally believe they have nothing but the utmost respect for the fans.

We've heard it all before, but the board do the very best they can in difficult circumstances, can you imagine how tough it is, knowing that even a sold-out, full price match, would still cost them money due to the cost of renting Withdean. Perhaps some pressure could be put on B&H Council to get them to waive the rent, or at least reduce it vastly, to allow the board, and the club, to make the most of the next 2 years we are there. I know it's fanciful, but I thought the Council were 100% behind the Albion, seems to me they are, but with their bank account details, not their support for the Club.

I think it Storer68 has made a decision, and for now he will stick with his conviction. I don't imagine he will ever go and support or follow another team, he will be back. But I agree with Harty, and others, he is a stallwart fan, who has obviously fallen off the track for now, he will get back on, hopefully sooner rather than later. And it is a worry if people like him are falling by the wayside, what chance do the "new" and younger fans have?

Come back Pat, don't step into the light ;)

http://nortr3nixy.nimpr.uk/showthread.php?t=116927

By the way, much to my regret, I haven't missed a home game this season..

Last edited:

Lewes' best seagull

Jan 31, 2008
Every game was big, Carlisle home - lost, Crew home - lost, Orient away- lost, Southend home - lost.

It is only massive as we have been abjectly shit and allowed ourselves to get in this mess.

Exactly

The past 5 games have been MASSIVE for us but i dont think one match will make or break our season but we do need to buck up our ideas, and fast!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here