Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

biggest english young talent who has ultimately failed?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Referee87 said:
as for failed talent, people saying bobby zamoras name are crazy. he's only young at the moment, plays for an ok team, wasnt given a chance at spurs by pratt hoddle and so one day in the near future he will be in the england squad i think.

Bit unfair to blame Hoddle. He was only there for 6 games and played Bobby a reasonable amount. I'm willing to bet that Zamora will never play for England, although that's not to say that he won't have a decent career.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Matthew Wicks

With Man U and Arsenal as a youngster and tipped to go all the way.

When he signed for us he was sensational for a couple of months (papers even talked of 1/2 million pound + bids) but then faded quickly. Something fundamentaly wrong with the guy - had the potential but blew it at every club he went to and plummeted through the leagues.

Anyone know where he is now? Still at Hull?

Last edited:

I played with Jack Dineen and i thought he was the best footballer that i had ever seen. Signed pro at 17 and basically lost it! Saw him in Cardiff top bloke but i am still gutted that he didn'y make it.

I once saw Jack Dineen shopping with his mum in boundry road Tesco in Portslade. For me he was never quite the same player.:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here