Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

biggest english young talent who has ultimately failed?

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
I agree with Robbie Fowler, he's actually who I had in mind when I started this thread. cos they keep showing the 3 lions 96 video, and when he is in it, he looks so different to how he is today.

I think the excesses of his life added to it, as well as injuries.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
There have been many highly talented players over the years who never recreated that talent or form when they pulled on an England shirt ...

Rodney Marsh, Charlie George, Alan Hudson, Tony Currie are just a few that come to mind

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
Safeway said:
Excellent shout, what a fool he was.

Can't believe nobody's mentioned Paul Gacoigne yet. Okay so he played in a World Cup and in Italy etc, but he could and should have achieved so much more.

he could have been the best player in the world

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Ryan Wilson.

Good spot Safeway, what an international career Ryan Giggs could have had if he'd continued to play for England beyond schoolboy level. But he chose Wales and never having to trouble with performing in a major finals tournament.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Safeway said:

Can't believe nobody's mentioned Paul Gacoigne yet. Okay so he played in a World Cup and in Italy etc, but he could and should have achieved so much more.
i was just about to say that :nono: a right wate -

rooney take note

Albion Rob

Curious Orange said:
Good spot Safeway, what an international career Ryan Giggs could have had if he'd continued to play for England beyond schoolboy level. But he chose Wales and never having to trouble with performing in a major finals tournament.

I'm not sure that's strictly true. I think I read an interview with him where he explained that he had played for England schoolboys because he went to school in England, but was actually Welsh and could not play for England at senior level.

My memoery of the interview is hazy and I may be mistaken, but I'm sure that's what he said.

Albion Rob said:
I'm not sure that's strictly true. I think I read an interview with him where he explained that he had played for England schoolboys because he went to school in England, but was actually Welsh and could not play for England at senior level.

My memoery of the interview is hazy and I may be mistaken, but I'm sure that's what he said.

I'm pretty sure his father (Wilson) was English and his mother (maiden name Giggs) Welsh, and when they divorced he took his mother's name and nationality.

What a prize NOBBER.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here