Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Biggest current problem in the UK

chip

Jul 7, 2003
Glorious Goodwood
the full harris said:
I think the biggest problem is the institutionalised rascism that is prevalent in too many U.K. residents, particularly among the older generation.

It is often not borne of malice, but is still present in people's attitudes.

Institutionalized people, particularly older ones, do tend to rave a lot :dunce:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The fool that abolished competitive sport in schools. I think the ILEA was the first as they said it deprived the less able from taking part. How many referees were good players? The only ex players who go on to make refs etc is in cricket with the umpires. Still our National teams struggle as a result of this decision.

How many boxers do we have in our Olympic team?

I fondly remember the West Sussex Schools Boxing Tournaments the heats being held at St Andrews and West Tarring School.

somerset said:
Flamin loony lefties:

First in the 70's and 80's the left wing councils all over the country do their best to discourage all competitive elements from our school system ( for that also read society), then they issue statements this week that there needs to be more sportsdays in schools.

This country thrived on the Public School educated ( for that read competitive people) able to cope in the real world generations of days of yore, now we are breeding several generations of SAPS ( shiney arsed pen-pushers) who wouldn't know how to cope with real competition if it smacked them in the gob.

BLOODY PC BRIGADE...............F**K the lot of them for ruining this country.

Well, here's a bit of competition from a left-winger for you.

f*** OFF YOU f***ing IGNORANT CU-NT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy now?

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
After seeing that undercover documentary on the Beeb tonight into the BNP, and seeing that dispicable worm Nick Griffin on Newsnight attempting to defend his sickening opinions and sleaze his way out of the disgusting bile coming forth from him and his candidates, I'd say the BNP as an organisation is something of a worry, and a stain, on this countrys democracy.

Just wish it had been Paxman grilling him tonight.

Last edited:

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
Easy 10 said:
After seeing that undercover documentary on the Beeb tonight into the BNP, and seeing that dispicable worm Nick Griffin on Newsnight attempting to defend his sickening opinions and sleaze his way out of the disgusting bile coming forth from him and his candidates, I'd say the BNP as an organisation is something of a worry, and a stain, on this countrys democracy.

Just wish it had been Paxman grilling him tonight.

I agree.

Indefatigable said:
Lack of personal responsibility. There is always something or someone to blame.
Spot on Indefatigable.

Almost all of the "problems" identified on this thread have one thing in common.

The person who has highlighted the problem thinks there is nothing he or she can do about it. People are always looking for someone else to blame.

I guess this keeps us cosy and helps us think we are superior.

If we'd accept that we contribute to society's problems, even if only because we are intolerant bastards, then there might be some chance of improving things. Sadly, we usually don't want to think that.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Lord Bracknell said:
If we'd accept that we contribute to society's problems, even if only because we are intolerant bastards, then there might be some chance of improving things
What do you mean even if we are intolerent bastards ?
Its intolerent bastards like the BNP that cause so many problems, and stir up so much hatred.

As for what I as an idividual (or anyone else for that matter) could do about that particular problem - frankly, I'm at a loss. Racism and intolerence is not something anyone can cure. A persons ingrained hatred of another race, culture or religeon is not something I would ever feel even closely equipped to deal with. Education can take you so far, but the twisted and bigotted beliefs of some of these people goes way beyond anything that could be "educated" out of them.

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
Lord Bracknell said:
Spot on Indefatigable.

Almost all of the "problems" identified on this thread have one thing in common.

The person who has highlighted the problem thinks there is nothing he or she can do about it. People are always looking for someone else to blame.

I guess this keeps us cosy and helps us think we are superior.

If we'd accept that we contribute to society's problems, even if only because we are intolerant bastards, then there might be some chance of improving things. Sadly, we usually don't want to think that.

Indefatigable made a very good point.

Lord Bracknell made a good point and put it in a way which made me think 'oh, how do i answer that?'. Clever, i thought.

Easy 10 pissed all over both of you. :thumbsup:

Eddie the Seagull

Jul 6, 2003
Crowborough
I watched 'Wife Swap' on Tues night.

A materialistic working rich family VERSUS a basic re-cycling no electric, water etc family surviving on state benefits swap.

Whilst i admire the latter's intentions, i fully empathise with the formers arguement: "Why should we work our butts off so you can sustain your lives on the back of our taxes"

If the nomad willing family truly believed in living off the land etc. then why don't they live true to their beliefs & live in Somalia or Malawi?

But no, the state handouts are too handy.

"I am against capitalism......."; the nomad father said.

Mmmmmm...............???

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
London Irish said:

Happy now?

Who's the ignorant one irish ?

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Lack of manners and respect for other people and their sensibilities. The pursuit of happiness and therefore selfishness, greed and the 'I'm alright' culture............human nature I guess.

Last edited:

Indefatigable

Mar 23, 2004
the full harris - I am not sure easy was addressing the thrust of the points made, simply attempting to address part of the statement made by Lord B.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Th phrase " Institutional Racism".

that implies that everyone who works in a certain industry who had been accused of institutional racism is a racist per se. Its a load a f***ing bollocks!

i WILL TELL YOU WHAT REALLY GETS MY GOAT AT THE MOMENT, AND SOME OF YOU ARE NOT GOING TO LIKE THIS!!!

Julius who I know at work is a Nigerian. He is amazed that Britian pours 1.6billion pounds into Africa to fight the aids virus, when he says that african men will not wear condoms as it is a front to their manhood. This comes from a Nigerian, not a mamby pamby leftie. This will never change in the same way as the problems in Sudan where millions are dying of starvation are man made cos the governments are corrupt and infighting using refugees as pawns. Its nothing to do with the west, its an African thing and we are made to feel guilty about it.

Sorry and all that but you asked

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
London Irish said:

Happy now?

I always thought the Irish suffered mass Tourettes Syndrome ???

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I sincerely hope people can change, but my mate seems to recon it never will and the problem will always be there

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Indefatigable said:
Lack of personal responsibility. There is always something or someone to blame.

And whose fault is that? Not mine, that's for damn sure.

I blame the weather. If it was sunnier people would complain much less. You can go on and on about politics, rascism and competitive sports but the fact is taht if there was a bit more sunshine in our lives we'd all be a lot happier.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here