Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Biggest Albion game you have missed and reason why

Exmouth Seagull

Sep 11, 2003
The one I regret missing the most is the Newcastle away promotion clincher. Despite still being at school I had been to all home matches and several away games that season, but for the biggie, and believe me it was BIG, I just couldn't scrounge a spare seat in a car anywhere, so had to put up with live commentary on BBC Radio Sussex (or was it still BBC Radio Brighton back then?).

Marvellous sounds!

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Newcastle away in 1979. Was working in Weymouth at the time and my boss wouldnt give me a couple of days off. On the morning of the game he said "oh go on then" - Thanks a fkg lot , how am I supposed to get to Newcastle with that late notice? Had to make do with Brighton station when the team got in. What a night that was!

The mother of all games to have missed tbh - the Albion winning the Charity Shield FFS! No excuses really as there were plenty of preview articles in the Illustrated London News in the weeks leading up to the game, but I was saving up for a ticket for the Titanic's maiden voyage and couldn't afford the to do the old CS as well.

:(

couldn';t get a f***g ticket -
no telegraph system booking facilities and member's only ticket applications had to be proposed by an Alderman and supported by the Mayor, his chauffeur and the entire council- ticket office only taking postal orders - completely buggered up by the club

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Missed the fans united game to go to a funeral.
Have been pissed off with my mother-in-law ever since for arranging her mum's funeral on the day of that game.

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Bristol Rovers promotion match 87-88. Apart from that, all present and correct, although I do wish I had gone to Chester away in 2000 when we won 7-1 as that'll never happen again.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
tottenham didnt get a ticket even though i didnt miss another away game that season

Anchorman

Oct 19, 2007
I've a pretty good attendance record for big Albion games down the years so not being at Hereford is the stand out for me (went on Peter Wards debut 20 years earlier) The shameful reason at the time to almost quote Micky Adams is that I'd lost the faith! My mates were going, my football team at the time had hired a bus well in advance for what was being billed then as our last match in the football league and I'd just got totally sick of what was happening to us. Had agreed to run a 10k with the wife that day as she never did running and told her I'd run it with her. Come the week before and was now wishing I was going but stuck with my promise to run. Like all Albion supporters will always remember that afternoon and the strangest feeling - we were still 1-0 down driving home and pulled up outside. In the time it took to get inside and turn the radio on we'd equalised - elation was in a strange way tempered by a feeling of being cheated of missing the moment and wondering if it was just deserts for refusing to go. The remainder of the match was spent nervously pacing up and down realising that I obviously did still care, faith restored! Anyway, now I've bared my soul after all these years its an opportunity to say big respect to all those that did do so much to keep Albion going through the dark days and that I've still got my local club to go to. Gush over

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here