Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bigger modern day club legend: Zamora or Murray?

Bigger club legend:

• Zamora

Votes: 89 52.0%
  • Murray

Votes: 74 43.3%
  • Other

Votes: 8 4.7%

• Total voters

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
I'm not playing this wicked game and you can't make me

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Zamora is absolutely iconic with the homecoming of the Albion. The greatest player in the division; and so comfortably two years on the bounce. He was literally the signing Brighton fans had dreamed of for 25 years.

Murray is an icon but Bobby had an aura that’s just untouchable.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
This question is all about the biggest club legend and not just goals though.

Just adding the fact Murray scored for Brighton in The Premier league & Zamora scored more for other clubs at the top level. So both could score at the top level & although BZ never had the chance to play for us in the top league GM did and was a success. Does that make him more of a legend?

More you dig the harder it is.
FWIW I voted Glen but admit Zamora is probably my second favourite player behind Ward.

So hard isn't it.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I have voted for Glenn Murray. I think if he'd stayed with us, Poyet would have taken us to the Premier League and Murray would have been scoring goals for us in the years he was gone. I've no doubt he'd be our all-time top goalscorer had he stayed but when he came back he fired us to promotion in that first season and then kept us up for two seasons. He's been arguably our best player in the last 30 years.

I am a big fan of Zamora and I was delighted when he came back to us at the Amex. He fired us to successive titles and stayed on to try and help keep us in what is now the Championship, and nearly achieved it. I'll never not love that man, and he didn't play for Palace at any time! But sorry Bob, it's Glenn for me.

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
Forced myself to get off the fence and went Muzza, but in reality you can't compare them as they were playing at different times and at different levels. I know the thread is about these two, but you can't think of them without bringing to mind Peter Ward and Garry Nelson, and, yes, Gordon Smith. It's been our privilege to have seen these guys playing for us and scoring shed loads of goals. Love em all!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here