Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Big 'We Want Falmer' chant just before kick off on Saturday!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Tip: make sure the banners are waterproof !

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Superphil said:
I think it's fair to say there will be a lot of noise, it would be best if we all sing the same song.

"We Want Falmer" it has to be, especially if Attilla gets it started.

Or more likely it'll be restricted to the couple of hundred stalwarts who 'stand Up If You Want Falmer' every home game. Plus it's a bit late not to mention a bit futile for the publicity drive in that direction - plus if it rains or there's a cloud in the sky or the temperature drops below Mad Gareth's fabled 8 degrees, there will be a thousand or so conscientous objectors and ticket holders watching the game from the warmth and humaninty of the pub.

Best just let it quietly drop aye?

Last edited:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
berkshire seagull said:
All this begging for falmer is getting boring know as we shouldn't have to make the effort.:shootself

If this is what it takes to create any atmosphere at Withdean I don't care if we shouldn't/dont need too.

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
Any thing that will help the cause as we are live on TV!!

Will the flag be making an appearance????

Lush

Mods' Pet
albiongirl said:
Any thing that will help the cause as we are live on TV!!

Will the flag be making an appearance????

Not if there's any chance of rain as we can't dry it.

We got it out for the QPR Sky game but they didn't show it.

I expect that people will be late to their seats in this weather, so there won't be enough hands to carry it over.

Also if it's really cold we may not be able to fold it up and get it back in the bag without cracking it!

Is that enough excuses?

:lolol:

Nov 3, 2003
i take your point re flag cant easily be dried but y not just have it permanently or can be tied down to secure structure on the bank behind the west goal?

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Turkey said:
If this is what it takes to create any atmosphere at Withdean I don't care if we shouldn't/dont need too.
Yeah but its not for an atmosphere its just please please let us have falmer when obviously we shouldn't have to make any bloody effort as its bloody obvious we need a stadium.:smokin:

mitch

Oct 16, 2003
berkshire seagull said:
Yeah but its not for an atmosphere its just please please let us have falmer when obviously we shouldn't have to make any bloody effort as its bloody obvious we need a stadium.:smokin:

what do you care you won't be there anyway?

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
mitch said:
what do you care you won't be there anyway?
Yeah and must say i feel so much better not going to that dump:p
It will make no diffrence what you do as this is england and those fat cats don't give a shite about what people think.

We have paid millions to get it in and found the land and have no stadium,so work it out as its pretty simple to me we need a stadium and don't need to go on about it.:drink:

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Excellent Falmer chants everyone and brill singing - left no one in any doubt what we want. Sky also mentioned Falmer several times so good result all round.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
it didn't go like we planned:(

but enough we want falmer chants throughout the game , i think (hope) we got the message to the couchpoatateo nation.

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
Well everyone stood up and chanted We want Falmer in "C" block and after watching the coverage on Sky don't worry the message has got through loud and clear.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
C Block was rocking for the first time in a couple of years I reckon. Certainly the best atmosphere I can remember for a while.

Well done everyone, you showed you cared after all.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I'm still buzzing this morning.

It's amazing how much difference a good atmosphere and a win can make.

I reckon the message was loud and clear.

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
I think the chant was really loud at the ground, and came over well on television, and was probably even clearer than during the QPR match that was also on Sky. Shame though that given the fact that it is the north stand that is visible on the television, that there wasn’t a greater feeling to stand up during the Falmer chants.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here