Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Big Thank You To Nigel Adkins

Sep 30, 2006
Up in the Gods
Maybe. Then again, the truth is you haven't got a clue what does or doesn't provide extra motivation for our team. And your comments fly in the face of what Dicker says, who has no reason to lie about it, quite the opposite in fact as they ring very true to us simpletons.

The easiest thing in the world at the top is to take your foot off the gas and let things slip, and I think it is highly likely that some of Adkins' comments have helped ensure that does not happen in the run-in, no doubt helpfully stoked by the boy Oatway and others.

Some of his talk about the title has just been plain stupid from a team in their position, exactly the sort of thing rivals for the title might put up on the dressing room wall. And the crazy thing is, he didn't have to say it. Just keep schtum, and tell his own team to catch us. His main target should have been, and remains, automatic promotion. Mouthing off about anything else, he was setting himself up.

I thought Adkins was a mouthy, arrogant twat but I'm warming to him if Dicker reckons he pissed our squad off enough to pull this run out of the fire.

It's easy to forget now we've won all these games, but we were under pressure. We've done what Man Utd have done so many times, instead of going out nervously worrying about who might catch you, crush the spirit of your rivals by showing them a clean pair of heels.

Spot on Tooting. Us "simpletons" obviously haven't got a grasp of basic human emotion or amateur psychology!

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Who cares? No need to bite on this one, we just carry on with what we are doing, which as it stands is better than what they are doing!

Well said Tooting. The Albion are doing a Man Utd, winning ugly but, crucially, showing no signs of nerves. This is an incredible run we're on and clearly something special is happening behind the scenes. Bloom, Poyet, Oatway - it's a potent mix of Jewish business instinct, South American flair and British Bulldog spirit.

well said, i like the combination and you can see why it might make us different and better...

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Bloom, Poyet, Oatway - it's a potent mix of Jewish business instinct, South American flair and British Bulldog spirit.

Signature material.

LondonSaint

Apr 2, 2010
Chill people.

You're running away with this league and desevedly so.(I can also see you doing v well next season too)

I really can't see what NA has said to stoke up such anger?
Darren Fergie on the other hand is a pretty vile creature and v arrogant.

Looking forward to hopefully (if we can get 2nd, or go up via play offs) going to the Amex next season-it looks fantastic.:thumbsup:

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither

There is an element of it being SCC. We have had a lifetime of being an after thought to SCC and Portsmouth in the local news. Then he comes along and gives us the metaphoric pat on the head, well it does not go down well. You are the big spenders but we have the better team. Live with it Nigel. I hope when the season is over he is able to give credit where it is (hopefully) due.

Chill people.

You're running away with this league and desevedly so.(I can also see you doing v well next season too)

Darren Fergie on the other hand is a pretty vile creature and v arrogant.

Looking forward to hopefully (if we can get 2nd, or go up via play offs) going to the Amex next season-it looks fantastic.:thumbsup:

Some of us think it's over-the-top to mention Saints with any negativity, and others think we have a right to be blowhards after Adkins' comments.

Both are kinda right I suppose, according to whatever they perceived about what has been said and done (cough, that small matter of a drawn Spurs match), and the bragging rights earned for us by our lads.

Personally, this time I prefer to channel the luuurve towards OUR side rather than put energy out to rivals who haven't really been all that worthy in their claims (another cough....hope I'm not coming down with anything ??? )

But I'll digress for an instant slightly by adding that I do wish you to get promoted, preferably by the playoffs behind us and HTFC, through beating Bournemouth - who I never felt deserved their league position when they were 2nd.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Did we play negative football against Southampton? Or was it our usual probing game? I wasn't there, so genuinely interested.

Wouldn't say it was negative but they came at us like a steam train so we were on the back foot and they were pressing all over the place but once Murray came on we looked a different team and began playing our usual game and obviously could/should have won with the pen

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Did we play negative football against Southampton? Or was it our usual probing game? I wasn't there, so genuinely interested.

It was a bit negative, we looked a bit scared, but at the same time you have to attribute some of that to Southampton who pressed very well and stifled our natural game. We were still within a penalty of winning it though, mind.

Agreed with Rookie, Murray changed the entire feel of the game when he came on, Jaidi literally SHAT himself and fell to pieces. LITERALLY.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I think Battipiedi contributed to the steamrolling. He played the first half looking lost and was clearly not up to the task. Once he came off then things changed.

TonyTownersShorts

Jan 26, 2010
I thought the comment about us being a one-dimensional side (ie long ball) after the away game were even more offending we are by far the most football playing side in league one. I remember 1978 when Saints and Spurs served up a very dull 0-0 so that both got promoted - I hope we can do the same against the Terriers and let Huddersfield get promoted - hope Adkins takes a real hammering from the fans in April!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here